Notices

New Malware?

Old 11-15-2012, 09:27 AM
FitDay Member

Angry New Malware?

After I log in and get the main screen I get a small window that tells me that my computer is not running at full communication speed and to download this application and my speed will double. Yea right!

You can't close the window, so I just exit FitDay. It started last week, went away for a couple of days and has been back all this week. Have stopped using Fitday.

I assume the website has been hacked. Admin needs to get this fixed. This is, at least, the second time this has happened. The last time was the "Anti-Virus 2012."

Cheers,

Paul
Old 11-16-2012, 11:17 AM
Administrator

Not getting other reports of this; most likely you have the malware on youir PC, and it's attached to a FD cookie. Run a malware scan and your AV program please.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:43 AM
Super Moderator

I get this, too. It doesn't bother me too much because I know it's probably the malware I reported before, just a bit less conspicuous. A few times, I try to do something like log a food in fitday and I get flashing error messages that seem to match the typeface and typesize of this annoying malware.

It is definitely a problem. I have several two products running on my computer and they both address malware. Prevx and the Microsoft Security Essentials product. They both have been reliable - and actively scan, looking for 'bad guys.' I believe this is a variation of the awful malware that popped up here in the past (it doesn't show up anywhere else in my computer - this is a fitday specific thing). Other people experienced this in the past, the fitday administrators tried to address it. It's back, in a slightly different form.