View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 01:33 PM   #64 (permalink)
cjohnson728
Super Moderator

Thanks for the recipe, Lisa! I will put that on my list. What I remember from last time is I didn't roll quite thinly enough, so they were more like cookies...but still good!

Here's a website I found this morning; very cool. The search is a little balky; you need to select the category instead of just typing in the product name, but the info is good: http://www.labelwatch.com/index.php.

Oh, and to answer your question, I do use agave. I use it to cook with but I'm not fond of it in my tea. It is still sugar, but from what I understand, it has a lower glycemic index than most other types of sugar. One of the trade offs I choose to make is real sugar in my morning tea...2 teaspoons. I use turbinado sugar; not sure if that makes too much of a difference, but it is less processed. That's pricey to bake with, so I use regular sugar for that, but I make sure it says pure cane sugar, because if not, it's probably made from sugar beets, which are likely GMO, and I don't know the details of how they were altered. Pure cane is the same price as the other in my store.

Happy baking!! Enjoy the time with Sara and feel good about teaching her good stuff!

And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good.
-John Steinbeck

Last edited by cjohnson728; 11-11-2012 at 01:39 PM.
cjohnson728 is offline   Reply With Quote