View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 08:35 PM   #24 (permalink)
californiaprettypat
FitDay Member

Default Day 12, down a pound!

Official weigh-in: 172.4

Wow! 541 views! I'm flattered that so many are following my journey. Thank you, UKSue, for your comments. It is so nice to hear from you!

This whole journey started with a scary number showing up on the scale, a bloated face looking at me from the mirror and an email I received about a nutritional program by Dr. Furhman. The email had a link to a video which was very interesting. I did not purchase the program the video was selling but I did google more D. Fuhrman videos - he has a ton of them! Then, coincidentally, I caught a few minutes of Dr. Furhman on PBS and decided to get his book, Eat to Live. I found it on Amazon for $1.00 and received it within 2 days. Meanwhile I also began to watch those Saturday morning infomercials about the green smoothies and the super-blenders. Montel Williams has one which is very inspirational. I also saw one for the NutriBullet and the Ninja. By this time I had been reading Dr. Fuhrman's book and decided I needed to do something and these Green Smoothies seemed like a good idea.

I had lost weight on the MasterCleanse fast a few years ago but it was VERY difficult to go without anything at all and the MC lemonade was not fulfilling. I was always hungry and miserable. BUT I lost like 20 lbs. in less than three weeks and then felt so healthy after that.

Back to the present, I decided to try a GS fast/cleanse. I googled and googled and googled. Read everything I could and then bought my Ninja and made my first Green Smoothie. That was the day of my first post here on this FitDay forum. Now 12 days later I am feeling good, looking better, and am down 7.5 lbs. Not as fast as the MasterCleanse, but much more do-able as the GS really fill me up and I am not hungry at all! I couldn't stay on the MasterCleanse for any length of time because I was just too hungry and weak, but I know I can do this for as long as I need to! The GSs are yummy and filling and satisfying. I snack on fruit such as berries, apples, or bananas as needed and feel fine. Not weak, not freezing cold all the time like I was on the MasterCleanse, not hungry, not obsessing about food.

Okay, sorry for the long boring post. I just really want this to motivate others to do it because it is so much easier than I thought it would be and I feel like my life is moving in a positive direction. So please, google some Dr. Fuhrman videos or watch some infomercials about the benefits of GreenSmoothies and then try one for yourself!
californiaprettypat is offline   Reply With Quote