Notices

Frustrated with FitDay!

Old 08-29-2012, 05:02 PM
FitDay Member

Angry Frustrated with FitDay!

The worst part, though, is FitDay! I'm no tech geek but I know my apps and have high standards for interface, features, and performance. FitDay crashes a LOT, especially in mobile. A lot of the features (like "remember me" at login) don't work. I've had to uninstall and reinstall the mobile app. There's also no tablet app. I have to log in to mobile each time I use it, which shouldn't be the case for a mobile app with no personal info. I end up logging in about ten times a day—whenever I eat, whenever I do any exercise, whenever I journal, etc. Worst of all, what makes me most frustrated, is that I know a lot of the food and exercise calorie counts are way off. Calorie tracking is really inconsistent. For instance, "pasta with vegetables, no sauce or fat added" is like 350 calories a cup, yet when I add the ingredients (plain pasta, various vegetables) separately the calorie count is much lower. Tons of really common foods aren't listed. Most of the foods seem centered on name brand fast food and yet very common foods are missing. There's also no natural language processing—for instance, it should know that "spagetti" is "spaghetti" or that "chocolates" refers to "chocolate." I know I can input custom foods but I don't want to waste hours inputting extremely common foods that are in many other sites' databases. Also, the exercise calorie counts are just pathetic. There are very few types of exercise available. It's as if this is a site built by people who don't work out at all.

The end result is that I don't know how many calories I've consumed or what I've burnt off in exercise. I don't want to start all over with a new app or site. I'm totally willing to pay for an upgrade but I seriously doubt the calorie counts are more reliable, that there are more exercises listed, or that there is a better food database. Anyone want to weigh in on that?

Anyway, sorry to complain. Thanks for listening.

Post script: I couldn't even post this reply. Thanks, FitDay!

Last edited by cjohnson728; 08-30-2012 at 05:11 AM.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:51 PM
FitDay Member

Default Interesting

I just started using FitDay 2 days ago. What I find very interesting is that you posted this back in August and no one from support has responded to you. You were so nice even.

That says a lot about the company.

I'm finding that the exercises I do are not listed in the program and what's more, I have no way to add them, which makes this program non-functional to me.

I get the feeling they don't read ANY of the posts.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:39 AM
Super Moderator

Al3sha, don't assume that since a reply was not publicly posted, that the issue wasn't addressed. This site has a PM function, and oftentimes responses are handled that way. We moderators try to respond to everything to the best of our ability but it is not always handled through posting in the public forums, especially if the answer is already there in another thread. We volunteer our time and we do the best we can with the information we have available to us.

I understand that this site is not for everyone, and that customizing the exercise function is desirable, so it's totally understandable that it doesn't suit your needs, but I do take issue with us being labeled as nonresponsive when we log so much volunteer time in answering questions, monitoring spam, and performing other functions.