View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 07:24 AM   #20 (permalink)
lcriswell0421
FitDay Member

I don't know that I will ever be as ambitious or dedicated to making everything home made, but I am interested in doing more. One drawback is that I'm finding it to be kind of expensive and also high in calories. I have a blog where I do "healthier" recipes, and a lot of times it's hard to reduce/replace and still maintain the integrity of the recipe. I often substitute a large portion of the sugar with Stevia (tastes great and takes out a lot of calories and carbs), and use I Can't Believe It's Not Butter a lot instead of regular butter, things like that.

I was looking at buying graham crackers for my DD today, but man are they pricey! I saw the post that someone gave a link for home made graham crackers. I think I'm going to try that.

Is anyone familiar with agave? I bought some (again, pricey), but I don't know anything about it. Now that I'm reading the back of the bottle, there are different kinds? I bought "amber" and it says it's a good replacement for brown sugar and molasses. I'm sure if I google it I will find info but sometimes hearing it from people who have tried it is better. I'm wondering what the ratios are for substitution.

I was reading the other day about making bread in the crock pot. Anyone tried that?

I'm not ready to go full out home made, but I'd like a good starting point. When I first started this healthy journey of mine I changed just one thing at a time, and it worked really well. I'm thinking the same ideas would apply with this. If I were to start basic, what might be a good thing to do?

Thanks for reading my ramble!

Re-Starting weight 7/26/13: 277
Mini goal: 270 by 8/23/13
Goal weight: 130ish by 12/25/2014
lcriswell0421 is offline   Reply With Quote