View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 05:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
FitDay Premium Member

How the heck are you guys hitting 35-40% proteins? I literally have to consciously eat extra tuna, eggs, and snack on lunch meat all the time just to get close to 30%!

I did discover prepackaged hard boiled eggs at Walmart, yay! It helps to have a quick and easy, ready to go snack when the family is grabbing boxed snacks and Halloween candy. I do have a pretty low cal, coffee flavored protein supplement, may have to start doing that again.

And I do get plenty of fats from eggs, meats, cheese, 1% milk, reduced fat margarine and mayo, regular olive oil, etc. It was one of those things that really stuck out at me when I first started logging my foods-how many calories I "spent" on that stuff. Switching to some reduced fat products just helped me bring my caloric and fat% intake back down to more normal. I did also cut my sugar intake drastically-before I began this journey I was drinking 2-3 mountain dews and 3-4 cups of coffee with full sugar creamer every day! Now I drink 1 cup of coffee with sugar free creamer, tea sometimes with a tiny bit of honey, and maybe one or two reduced calorie sodas per WEEK.

I finally budged the scale this week by 2 pounds, but went out to lunch with a friend on Friday, ate a bacon burger and fries, and the scale added a whole pound! What is that?? I saved up for that cheeseburger and was still at a small calorie deficit for the day! If prior history holds, that 1# should just disappear in the next day or two. I'm really starting to think that my caloric requirements are less than what they were a couple months and 20# ago. I'm working on the exercise and hope that helps. If I have to cut my calories, I may be in trouble: I think I've been so successful because I don't feel deprived at all, more that I just have to pay attention.

So frustrating when you were having such GREAT luck, and it just kind of stops working!
Start Weight 240 on June 25th, 2012
Current Weight 211 on October 21, 2012
Goal Weight 180 by Summer 2013
clbencemunns is offline   Reply With Quote