Notices

Bought size 6 shorts as "goal" clothes -- silly?

Old 11-03-2012, 01:32 AM
FitDay Member

Default Bought size 6 shorts as "goal" clothes -- silly?

Yesterday, I went to JC Penney, and bought a pair of I Heart Ronson shorts on clearance for five bucks... it was a size 6, and as somebody currently in the size 16/18 range, I wonder if buying this "goal" apparel was okay or silly... Behlor
Old 11-03-2012, 03:09 AM
FitDay Member

Not silly at all! Especially not for $5! However, since looking at size 6 shorts from a 16/18 perspective can be very daunting (I was there 10 months ago!), I recommend stashing those 6s somewhere and only pulling them out every once in awhile. I have a drawer full of goal clothes that I'm not going to look at til spring. What I do recommend is getting a piece of short term goal clothing, like a size 12. You'll be amazed at your awesomeness when you're able to fit, and you'll be very glad you got them when the 16s keep falling around your ankles and the 6s are still too small
Old 11-03-2012, 07:41 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the advice, Cassy... I currently heading to eBay for a pair of size 12 jeans -- excellent used condition, of course... Behlor
Old 12-25-2012, 01:27 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I don't think it is silly either. I saw a golf shirt I wanted the other day but they only had it in Medium. I am solidly an XL right now but having good success since I came on this site. I bought the shirt and am looking forward to being able to wear it this summer on the course. One more goal to reach for.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:04 AM
FitDay Member

I don't think it is silly at all. I found a really cute bikini at Gordmans last week for $10, size medium. I am going on a cruise March 2nd. I don't think it will fit me then, but by summer it will! And if it does fit me on the cruise, I will be very happy! I will still be happy if it doesn't though
Old 12-30-2012, 07:21 PM
FitDay Member

Default Thanks

For your c0omments... may you enjoy a happy (and thinner) 2013... Behlor
Old 01-01-2013, 01:31 AM
FitDay Member

I think that is the opposite of silly. I have kind of done the same thing in reverse. My weight has kind of creeped up and all the while I have kept all my favorites of any given size. While I was gaining I had them hidden in a tote under the bed and now that I am losing I have them hanging in the closet in reverse sizing from the 10's down to the beautiful 6's I long for. Every once in a while I try them on and they are getting moved progressively up the closet. When I started the 10's were unbearable to wear and the 12's were snug now the 10's are loose-ish and I wore an 8 out, one of the big 8s but still. It has been so helpful to be able to wear things that I love and see the clothes I once wore just get too loose.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:36 PM
FitDay Member

Good you bought good things.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:31 AM
FitDay Member

Not silly, I out performed my goal dress and my goal pants! So it's good.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:57 AM
FitDay Member

Its not silly... whatever we do for ourselves that keeps us motivated, is a GOOD thing.

I am 2 pounds from goal. I was a too-tight size 14 last year, and now 30 lbs later I am a size 10. I will never be a 6 because of my pear-shape, but I am OK with that. $5 is a good investment for motivation!

Good luck to you on your journey. Keep it up, YOU CAN DO THIS!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.