View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 04:52 PM   #32 (permalink)
lcriswell0421

thanks for your suggestions, mern. before i fell off track i was eating every 2-3 hours and i was able to stay at around 1400 calories and not feel hungry. the trick is to figure out what i was eating at what time during the day. for some reason, it's been hard for me to figure out again. but last night i did figure out that a little protein is a good idea, like you suggested. i was up in the middle of the night and decided to hard boil some eggs to prepare for tonight's dinner and a lunch or two later in the week. i ended up eating just one egg and it's now 8:45 a.m., I'm just sitting down to eat my breakfast, and I did not feel starved at all up until this point.

i know before i was eating tuna sandwiches a lot, which is good protein too. i always seem to struggle getting enough protein, because i just don't like eating that much of it. but i am putting some beans on my menu next week to try to replace some of the meat. and i think the hard boiled eggs made into egg salad is a good idea, too. having that egg last night saved me from binging on crap. what a good thing!!! also, i remembered this week that i used to like pistachios, so i bought them again. you get quite a lot of nuts for 1 serving with pistachios, and they taste great with some good fats. and it takes time to shell each one, so they take longer to eat.

i just want to thank everyone here for making me feel welcome and for the encouragement and motivation you offer through sharing your efforts too. this has been great for me to get myself back into gear...just what i needed!

Lisa
lcriswell0421 is offline   Reply With Quote