View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 01:43 PM   #29 (permalink)
frenchhen3
FitDay Member

Thanks for all the encouragement! Today's scale reading was a big motivator too, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Lisa- how active I am to achieve 10,000 steps? I don't sit for my work. I'm a housewife, so I sit still for maybe 4 hours during my awake hours. If I walk for exercise of 1.5 miles, that equals 3500 steps, give or take. I put my pedometer on the moment I get out of bed. Just padding around the house, getting breakfast made, the dogs up, fed, etc. I've logged over 1000 steps. By bedtime, if I just do "the regular" activities around here I'm at about 8000-9000 steps. So 10,000 is just a little more!

I'm not in a race to lose. I found that deadlines are my downfall when it comes to losing weight. I just take the pounds as they come and focus on keeping the ones off that come off. As with your hunger... double your oatmeal portion. Cook Steel Cut oats (Bob's red Mill brand is the best) and mix it half and half with quick cooking Barley(they both cook for the same amount of time)So 1/4 cup of each in a cup of water. These are both slow burn carbohydrates. (plus they help lower cholesterol) Throw those cranberries on the oatmeal. Add a little honey & cinnamon (helps regulate blood sugar)and about 1/2 cup 2% milk. That is my regular breakfast. I eat it around 7:30, keeps me full till about 1 pm.

Mern: your meal planning is so diverse! I admire your fortitude. I tend to eat just about the same thing every day, mainly because it makes logging so much easier and when I stray I can see it! You are so inspiring to me because you are changing not just the pounds on the scale but your whole beautiful, miraculous, healthful being!