View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 04:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
clbencemunns
FitDay Premium Member

Thank you, I'm just glad to know I'm not the only one!

Carbs are definitely my triggers. If I stick to whole grains and lots of fiber, and eat as much lean protein as I can manage to get in, I do well. I try to hit 30% Protein, 30% fat, and 40% carbs. Usually, if I can hit 25% protein in a day, I'm successful. Any carb that isn't a whole grain, and not eating enough lean protein are my triggers, as then I seem to just keep eating the carbs and the rest of the day. I know it's been discussed here, but any suggestions for lean proteins would also help me. I do eggs, beef jerky, chicken breast, tuna, and I even found a low-cal coffee flavored protein drink I like (which I try to drink when I have a sugary or carb snack craving).

I also need to start exercising again. I did well the first month, but hurt my back pretty badly and completely stopped. My back eventually got back to normal quite awhile ago, but I was still losing weight pretty quickly, so I didn't restart the exercising. My husband thinks that may be the biggest factor for my stall, and he may be right. I still have a calorie deficit most days, just not as big of a deficit as I had before. As we lose weight, does our breakeven calorie requirement decline? Fit day still shows the same calorie requirement for me, but I've been stuck at the same weight for 3 weeks, even with a 300-500 calorie deficit per day (I used to regularly hit a 800 calorie deficit).
clbencemunns is offline   Reply With Quote