View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 02:47 PM   #131 (permalink)
cjohnson728
Super Moderator

Lisa, today is another day. You can do it .

I hear you on having the snacks around for kids/husband. There was a period of time when I would actually have my son keep the snacks somewhere I did not know; they were probably in his closet. He's the only one of the three of us who has any sort of portion control sense . I would just tell him or my husband, "here, hide this" and that took care of it.

I think over the past couple years I reached a middle ground with snacks...I don't buy candy and don't often get the things with a list of 20 ingredients I can't pronounce (although if Doritos are buy one get one free, I will pick them up for a treat for my son). I do buy chips (potatoes, oil, salt as only ingredients), Goldfish, Triscuits (I love the thin crisps...3 ingredients!) and I usually have homemade granola bars here. The new thing the guys like is breakfast cookies...usually some recipe with oats, banana, peanut butter, etc. I try to make things with at least half wheat flour and throw some flaxseed or wheat or oat bran in. Will my son willingly walk in and pick up a piece of fruit over one of these things? No. But at least it's there and I can tell him to eat it, lol! I often use leftover fruit that's not getting eaten in muffins or applesauce, and veggies can go in soup. But it's always a work in progress and every family has to find their own balance. And it's tough with teenagers, who could eat pizza for every meal and who seem like bottomless pits at times!! You will figure it out, I promise! I really admire that you continue to log even when you go off. I always just stop and pretend I've never heard of FitDay, shame on me.

And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good.
-John Steinbeck
cjohnson728 is offline   Reply With Quote