Notices

Motovation needed!

Old 10-24-2012, 06:26 AM
FitDay Member

Default Motovation needed!

I joined here in June of 2012, I have been morbidly obese my whole life, when I started here weight 363lbs and through a few months of nose to the grind stone I dropped to 318. my lab work showed improvement at every level and I was feeling good about myself and my progress!< then something happened, I lost the drive!, I hit the drivethrews, I started eating thing I know were not good for me? why? I do not know ! stress? everybody has it , I am back and looking for something I was missing!, could it be excersize? I would like to get my upper body in much better shape that is were my fat is for the most part, should I start with one or a couple body parts? shoulders, bi ceps triceps.?? I am open and NEEDING help !

Thanks
Old 10-24-2012, 10:18 AM
FitDay Member

We all have hiccups. Just get back on track. I find that exercise actually energizes me. I'm also a regular in the 'Did you exercise today' thread and that helps keep me accountable. I know I'm going to have to post I missed a workout if I throw away the opportunity to workout. And the others there inspire me to be better by their examples.

You probably need to work on all your muscles (although there will always be those that need more attention than others.) I would suggest you something like a split routine. It basically works a different set of muscles each workout. My splits are Legs, Shoulders & Arms, and Chest & Back. I do cardio after weights with each of these. The idea is you give the muscles from each split a chance to rest and recover before working them again. You can do the splits on consecetive days or with a day off or cadio day in between. If you look at my posts in the 'Did you exercise today' thread you can scroll back throught them and see the exercises I am performing on each day.

Get back if you have more questions. Bodybuilding.com is also an excellent sight for information about specific exercises and routines.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:43 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hey botoepfer,
That happens to all of us. Now pick yourself up, remind yourself of why you started the effort in the first place, and move on.

Any chance you can join a club, group, or class that envolves some activity? Sometime that can be a real help. Not only do you get your body moving, but there is a social aspect that many people find motivating. I think having fun while I am exercising is really important. Sure, sometimes in the middle of the class I am swearing under my breath (and sometimes not so much under my breath. Last week I dropped a couple of f-bombs trying to complete a workout - and I rarely swear like that out loud )

As far as hitting the drive-thru... DON'T. I know easier said than done. Instead of telling yourself you "can't" eat fast food. Remind yourself that you "don't" eat fast food.

Keep your logs going, good, bad or indifferent. A couple of embarrassing days may help kick your butt into gear.

Now don't be a stranger. You have been pretty active on the forums in the past, we'd love to see you back!
Old 10-26-2012, 05:01 AM
FitDay Member

thanks both of you for your help ! always a big help here !