View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 12:29 PM   #107 (permalink)
Mern
FitDay Member

Lisa, you are doing great in your committment to changing your eating lifestyle. As hard as you are working on it, I see success in your future. You can do this! I like to cook, too. I enjoy taking regular recipies and adapting them to the way my doc and I think is healthful for me. Most of the time, my adaption turns out to be something my whole family enjoys.

Cassie, first of all, major kudos on your son's NHS induction! Wow, that's early where I live--mostly it's juniors and seniors who get inducted here due to the criteria for sholarship, leadership, service and character. You have every reason to be proud. I kind of feel sorry for that dietitian being so dismayed over my eating low carb, but then again, maybe she should be in a different line of work if she is that horrified by people not eating the way she does. I'll just chalk it up to her need to mature a little bit and put her in my past. Added the spicy foods to my list--I had forgotten about that one, too. Thanks.

Metabolism boosting food list so far:
GREEN TEA
SPICY FOODS
ALMONDS
WALNUTS
NATURAL YOGURT
EGGS
TURKEY, CHICKEN BREAST, LEAN PORK AND BEEF (body must work harder to digest those proteins)
PEANUT BUTTER (now that seems to be controversial)
EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL, BUT BETTER TO MIX WITH COCONUT OIL
VERY COLD WATER
VEGETABLES--LOW CARB, HIGH FIBER ONES
FLAXMEAL
SALMON, COD, AND OTHER WILD CAUGHT FISH. (But tuna is controversial)

I see yumminess in Cassie's and Lisa's menu. My plan today is a flaxmeal pancake with yogurt for breakfast. Standard turkey wrap for lunch. Dinner of lean pork roast, spinach, cooked cabbage. Will add some spiciness to my lunch and dinner. Snacks of almonds, protein shake, celery with peanut butter. Lots of green tea. Cardio class at the gym.
Weight 3/26/2014 223.4
Current weight 4/4/2014 221.2
Mern is offline   Reply With Quote