View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 11:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
rpmcduff
FitDay Member

We all have hiccups. Just get back on track. I find that exercise actually energizes me. I'm also a regular in the 'Did you exercise today' thread and that helps keep me accountable. I know I'm going to have to post I missed a workout if I throw away the opportunity to workout. And the others there inspire me to be better by their examples.

You probably need to work on all your muscles (although there will always be those that need more attention than others.) I would suggest you something like a split routine. It basically works a different set of muscles each workout. My splits are Legs, Shoulders & Arms, and Chest & Back. I do cardio after weights with each of these. The idea is you give the muscles from each split a chance to rest and recover before working them again. You can do the splits on consecetive days or with a day off or cadio day in between. If you look at my posts in the 'Did you exercise today' thread you can scroll back throught them and see the exercises I am performing on each day.

Get back if you have more questions. Bodybuilding.com is also an excellent sight for information about specific exercises and routines.

Male, Age 53 Height 5'-11"
Start, Spring 2009....,.. 270.0 lbs
January 21, 2010. ....,...255.0 lbs (Joined Fitday)
September 10, 2010..,..223.8 lbs. (-46.2lbs)
Mini-Goal......................225 Achieved 9/21/2012
Mini-Goal......................220 Achieved 10/26/2012
Current.........................216.2 lbs. (-53.8 lbs)
Mini-Goal.......................215
Goal..............................200

My log: http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public...Owner=rpmcduff
rpmcduff is offline   Reply With Quote