Thread: Severe Fatigue!
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 08:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
yauncin
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy1971 View Post
I am 41 and have been in and out of the gym (mostly out) for the past 10 years. I haven't had much exercise in about 6 weeks. Prior to that I was on the treadmill 3-4 times/week and felt like I was in pretty good shape.
What was the duration and intensity of your workouts on the threadmill? Different activities can complement other activities but cardio endurance drops off quickly after you quit. And like someone said previously racquetball is an explosive sport. It, even more than tennis, can wear out people who are considered to be in good shape. I wouldn't worry about being out of breath after just 10 mins.

Quote:
I guess this is something that needs to start slow and work up from there.
Most new activities do.

Quote:
It was alot easier to workout when I was younger.....
LOL Yes but 41 isn't old. You just need to increase your activity level over time. Once you establish a base level of fitness new activities will become easier again.

@rpmcduff
I'm glad to see people are still recommending HIIT. In my humble opinion, it beats your steady state low-to-mid intensity cardio like stationary bikes, treadmills, ellipticals, etc, you normally see, hands down. (EDITED: I qualified that last sentence for steady state since you could incorporate HIIT into any of those exercises I listed.)

Last edited by yauncin; 10-23-2012 at 08:49 PM.
yauncin is offline   Reply With Quote