View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 07:44 PM   #14 (permalink)
Mern
FitDay Member

Hope, I DID follow your lead and planned my menu as soon as I got back from cardio class. Breakfast just a protein shake. Lunch was roast beef with fresh spinach and a teaspoon of horseradish sauce on a low carb, high fiber tortilla. Dinner will be pollock fish and broccoli with cheese sauce. Snack will be another protein shake and almonds. I'm really struggling to keep a positive attitude--gotta buck up and just accept the fact that it's not going to be easy to get my weight down to a healthy range. My empathy on the double butt! I haven't even looked at mine because I suspect doing so would make my eyes bleed. My belly is so huge that it actually touches my upper thigh. GROSS!!! Hey, I like your 4W approach--whips, wagons, whatever works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjohnson728 View Post
It's frustrating...I feel like I did well for a long time but now nothing seems to be working the way I want it to .
Cassie, that's EXACTLY how I felt before I caved and went on a month long binge. Now I've taken several steps backwards and I'm paying dearly for letting myself get so far off track. Hang in there and drag as much motivation as you can out of our support and your own inner strength. You can do this. I hope you feel better soon!

Mike, I echo Cassie. Don't give yourself a free pass for a whole week. It's not worth the temporary comfort. Tell us at least one good thing you'll work on.

Mary (Kumochi) good to see you again. Nice goals. I noticed at the gym today that not going for just two weeks made such a huge difference in my flexibility and range of motion. But it's a great senior citizen cardio class, so I'm sure I'll regain it quickly.

Ama, great goals. Thanks for your works in progress pep talk--it really helps to know--not that misery loves company--but that we are not alone in this struggle and have each other to lean on and with whom to share the journey.

Dmartz, congrats on the hula hoop.

Ron, you also have really nice goals. Thanks for the reminder that fitness and better/sustained good health are long term benefits. My going off track gave me only a fleeting moment of pleasure and a lot of extra work to do...

Hadena, good job on the controlled cheat that still netted you a deficit. Best wishes with your social events this week. You can do it.
Weight 8/14/2014 lowest in a long time 224.2
Weight 9/23/2014 doctor visit 233
Weight 11/14/2014 228.8
Mern is offline   Reply With Quote