Stuggling to get back to me! >

Stuggling to get back to me!

Community
Notices

Stuggling to get back to me!

Old 10-21-2012, 03:50 AM
FitDay Member

Red face Stuggling to get back to me!

Hi all! I am struggling to get back to me, the old me who liked what I saw when I looked in the mirror or tried on clothes. The one who had energy to do more! I was healthy thin (130 lbs 5'4) until my first pregnancy. Over the past 8 yrs I had balloned up to 248 I have been working at losing weight for about 3 months now and have lost a total of 23lbs. But have stalled out due to the stress of life! I am a stay at home mom, my daughter has epilepsy and my son was just diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder, I recently have taken in a 9yr old foster child. I am also a fulltime student and due to graduate this summer. So lots of stressors which lead to me being pushed to the back burner. I have decided it is time to do something for me... This I think will make me an all around better person. I just need the nudge from others and someone to help keep me on track, because I do tend to push my needs and especially wants aside. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:09 AM
Super Moderator

Dieting is another stressor, no? You have a pretty full plate now, as it is (figuratively speaking - all those things you are doing require a lot of work), so just relax. The food journal here is an awesome tool, and it will give you all the information you need to lose more weight (great going so far, by the way!)
Old 10-21-2012, 11:24 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Kathy! It is hard work, but the more physical I am, I am finding I have more energy. Diets are something I have crashed many times and find near impossible to do. I am learning to not deny myself anything, but to learn moderation and need vs want. I can not always make myself something different from my family, and lets face it, kids don't exactly like "diet food" lol. Without major changes over the past few months I have managed to lose 23lbs by just walking. So last week I bought and added the shake weight to my routine and today I added an ab workout. So hopefully big changes will come in time, even if I can only do these routines a few days a week either between classes, kids and nap time
Good luck to you as well!