Notices

Hot Yoga?

Old 07-25-2012, 07:58 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hot Yoga?

Has anyone tried Hot Yoga?? I've been hearing a lot about it. I've done yoga before and enjoyed it but I'm wondering if Hot Yoga is supposed to make you lose more weight?
Old 07-25-2012, 08:49 AM
FitDay Member

I do hot yoga. Depending on the class, you can burn a significant number of calories. Vinyasa classes ( steady flow through series of poses) seem to be the most strenuous to me (in terms of cardio). I wore my heart rate monitor to class a few times & burned around 600 calories in a 75 minute class. I burn less in a standing yoga class, but feel like I get more of a muscle workout, which I need---I get my cardio from cycling.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:52 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cyclebon
I do hot yoga. Depending on the class, you can burn a significant number of calories. Vinyasa classes ( steady flow through series of poses) seem to be the most strenuous to me (in terms of cardio). I wore my heart rate monitor to class a few times & burned around 600 calories in a 75 minute class. I burn less in a standing yoga class, but feel like I get more of a muscle workout, which I need---I get my cardio from cycling.
Wow!! That's a ton of calories to burn in such a short amount of time! What an awesome workout. Thanks for the tip, I'm definitely going try it out soon!
Old 07-31-2012, 05:51 PM
FitDay Member

There is no significant difference between hot yoga and bikram yoga. Hot yoga is a sub type of bikram yoga. The difference lies only in positions changes and postures. Yoga is, no doubt, found to be really effective for weight loss. Stretching involves in yoga makes our body in correct shape.

Last edited by cjohnson728; 08-06-2012 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Link removed. Contact FitDay if you wish to advertise
Old 08-26-2012, 07:35 AM
FitDay Member

Not to interrupt, but what's the difference?

I've been doing yoga with the field hockey team I assist. coach to improve flexibility. But I didn't know there were different "types" of yoga.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:25 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by kaybrooks23
Has anyone tried Hot Yoga?? I've been hearing a lot about it. I've done yoga before and enjoyed it but I'm wondering if Hot Yoga is supposed to make you lose more weight?
I tried doing yoga with thermal jacket, quite good.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:54 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for all the help!!
Old 10-19-2012, 10:36 PM
FitDay Member

Default yoga class

Originally Posted by kaybrooks23
i have never heard this term before :P dont exactly know what hot yoga is ..though i know what power yoga means is it the same things :P Power yoga is awesome though i have tried it and have lost ample amounts of weight
Old 12-10-2012, 02:23 PM
FitDay Member

Talking Yoga for weight loss

Yoga is not the best calorie burning activity. The most intense versions still burn less than activities like running, swimming and snowshoeing. However it promotes body awareness which is impt to weight control, helps with stress eating, and promotes a self care (and respect for the body) lifestyle. In addition it helps with strength and flexibility. See William Broad's "The Science of yoga" for scientific findings on yoga and weight loss.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:55 PM
FitDay Member

I tried hot yoga for 1 month before 1 year but it is not good to loss the weight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.