Notices

Don't know how to log in my "meat"

Old 08-27-2012, 09:55 AM
FitDay Member

Default Don't know how to log in my "meat"

I'm Argentinian so there's a chance I might simply be lacking the right word here... If I meant "cow meat" (not pork or chicken), is "meat" the right word? Because it gives me a crazy value of calories... When I remove the fat (and I always do, even if not on a diet) before cooking it, I'm pretty sure it cannot be 300 calories per 100 grams (3.5 Oz)... Suggestions?
Old 08-27-2012, 10:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by danibize
I'm Argentinian so there's a chance I might simply be lacking the right word here... If I meant "cow meat" (not pork or chicken), is "meat" the right word? Because it gives me a crazy value of calories... When I remove the fat (and I always do, even if not on a diet) before cooking it, I'm pretty sure it cannot be 300 calories per 100 grams (3.5 Oz)... Suggestions?
Try 'beef', 'steak', 'ground beef', 'hamburger' ...
Old 08-27-2012, 06:56 PM
FitDay Member

The calories will also depend on the cut of meat and whether it is measured raw or cooked, with or without bone etc.

you would search for:
beef
roast beef
steak
ground beef (for minced meat)

under 'steak' and 'beef' you are going to find a lot of different cuts. Maybe google each one to find an image closest to the meat you are using?
Old 08-28-2012, 11:42 AM
FitDay Member

Additionally, and not to confuse you, I am not sure if your meat in Argentina is fattened up on a grain fed feed lot. If your meat is grass-land raised from conception to consumption, the fat and caloric value will also be less. You can probably be fair in claiming it to be the same nutritional and caloric value of "Game" "Elk"
Old 10-17-2012, 12:08 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

I wana thank you for providing instructive and qualitative stuff so often.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:13 PM
FitDay Member

beef is the word you want. But does fitday have a "beef" choice? I don't know, I'm new.
It doesn't have an all beef hot dog.........I ha to use "cold cut"