View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 12:09 AM   #9 (permalink)
galefrances
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csabella View Post
Here is a quote from Dr. Mercola. If the link doesnt come through copy and paste it, he has some good information that has changed the way I think about medicine.

Quote..........

You Can Reverse Type 2 Diabetes

Please don't let anyone tell you that type 2 diabetes has no cure, as this is not true. Type 2 diabetes is not terminal; you don't have to live with it forever! Nearly 100 percent of type 2diabetics can be successfully treated -- eliminating the symptoms of diabetes, or the high risk of developing health complications -- if you are willing to implement the lifestyle changes discussed below. These same changes will also drastically reduce your risk of the disease, so you can avoid developing it in the first place.
Dr. Mercola's methods are not supported by the American Medical Association and I might add have not been proven by scientific method. I think it's dangerous to lead people to believe that diabetes can be cured. It can be successfully managed and diet and exercise play a critical role, but it should be monitored by your endocrinologist or primary physician. I am not against holistic medicine as long as it is used in conjunction with standard medical practice.

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 10-15-2012 at 01:35 AM. Reason: link removed
galefrances is offline   Reply With Quote