View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 02:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
csabella
FitDay Member

Default Reverse Type two Diabetes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrudd View Post
I was diagnosed as Type 2 Diabetic in March. I had difficulty figuring out what to eat (I'm also on low protein diet).

A good website to check out is the American Diabetes Association. They also have meal plans. Do you know what your carb allotment is for the day? I would also recommend going to your local library. I found a lot of cookbooks. Sometimes the info might be a little out of date but the recipes are still good.

Jenn
Type 2 Diabetes is reversible. ( It is more a symptom than a disease), by that I mean your body is telling you that you need to make changes to your nutrition and exercise routine.
My Father was diagnosed with Adult onset Diabetes( type 2) 11 months ago. He changed his diet, exercised 4 times a week and lost 80 pounds. His blood sugars use to be in the 400's, now he averages 115 to 125 and he is still losing.
Search on You Tube how to reverse type 2 diabetes without the use of medication. I would start off by eliminating all processed foods, eliminate breads, pastas and potatoes. Eat lean meat, lots of fresh vegetables, 1-2 servings of low glycemic fruits and nuts. In essence the Palio Diet ,

I've been a Nurse for over 10 years and I can tell you that you body needs proper nutrition and exercise or it will start sending you signals that it is sick and diabetes is one of those signals! Hope this helps.

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 10-15-2012 at 02:33 AM. Reason: link removed
csabella is offline   Reply With Quote