View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 02:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
marymcdiet
FitDay Member

Default dieting with allergies

Hi everyone. I am new here and hope to find the support I need. A little background: I am 53 years old and weigh 164. I have been dealing with some wide ranging food allergies for many years. I am hoping to get down to 140. Everyone says an event such as a wedding is good incentive. Well I have a son getting married next summer but the real incentive is the pictures from the wedding of another son this last July. I felt really good about myself and my dress through out the wedding. After pictures came back I was so disappointed! Why are we hardest on ourselves?
My son getting married next year is also my business partner. He has put on a lot of weight in recent years and is working hard to lose it now. he's down 14.3 pounds in 5 weeks. We are working together on it but I am only down .8 pounds! I am soooo proud of him but I fear that if I don't start losing he is going to give up because he feels bad for me. Trust me, as a mom I would almost rather he beat me at the scale each week.
So I am here to get the additional support of logging my food and exorcise and being accountable to all you fine people. I look forward to chatting and getting to know some new friends.
marymcdiet is offline   Reply With Quote