Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 10/8/12 for weekly warriors!

Old 10-07-2012, 11:08 PM
Super Moderator

Default 7-Day Motivational Thread 10/8/12 for weekly warriors!

Welcome to a new week, everyone!

There's a chill in the air this morning, which I'm taking as a personal wake up call to be mindful of the decisions I make related to my health. Who's on board for another round? Any and all...there's room on the wagon!
Old 10-07-2012, 11:51 PM
FitDay Member

Good morning everyone. There is definetely a chill in the air here (as I'm typing this it's barely above freezing (2 degrees celcius). Guess I will have to layer to rake leaves today.

Goals for the week are pretty much the same
1. Eat within carb and protein limit 140/60
2. Drink at least 6 glasses of water a day
3. 4 fruits and veggies
4. Exercise 5x for 30 min
5. Rake leaves
6. Try to lose the pound that I gained!!

Since today is Canadian Thanksgiving (we had turkey on weekend) I wish to say that I am thankful for my family. I am also thankful for the energy/good health lately to do my chores!!

Jenn
Old 10-08-2012, 12:27 AM
Super Moderator

Jenn, Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, and to all our Canadian friends! Have a wonderful holiday .

Re-organizing goals a little this week... it's full of uncertainties like work lunches, meals out, and celebrations, and I already know I will be eating many things that defy logging. But I will try!

1. Be mindful of what goes into my mouth.
2. Balance out any "naughties" with good, fresh, low-calorie food and exercise.
3. Exercise 8 hours for the week.
4. Drink water.
5. Take vitamins.
6. Sleep enough (shoot for 7 hours).
7. Get back on the scale Tuesday morning .

My hubby is taking a few days off this week before the end of the year craziness sets in for the finance world. One again, we were planning to hike today in N. Ga., but once again it is calling for rain showers. We've moved the hike to Thursday and today we're headed to a huge international farmer's market about an hour away. Time to clean the fridge and freezers and pack up the cooler...have a wonderful day, everyone!
Old 10-08-2012, 12:28 AM
FitDay Member

Weekly weight loss: 244, 241, 239, *248 (according to this morning's doctor visit, ugh),

Goals: Eat 'normally': M-yes, after doctor visit, T-yes, W-no, Th-no , F-yes, S-yes, S-yes

Yoga: M-no, T-yes, W-yes, Th-yes , F-no, S-no, S-yes

Walk: M-no, T-yes, W-yes, Th-no , F-no, S-yes (lots), S-yes

*I went to the doctor during work Monday because I thought I was having another heart attack. It was shortness of breath/anxiety; the final straw regarding my obesity >:-(

Last edited by mrsrainh2o; 10-15-2012 at 10:26 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:54 AM
Super Moderator

Good morning my lovelies! I'll be out 1/2 the week. I'm on the road to bring my speed demon daughter to Arkansas. Here's the video from our go cart race in Va. Beach. If you read the description of give the time of the highlights. YouTube - Father vs Daughter race
Old 10-08-2012, 01:39 AM
FitDay Member

Hey guys! Long time no see for sure!

So, quick rundown on what's happening with me... As you may remember, I was furiously studying for my candidacy exam for grad school last I was here - that's done and I passed! My summer was weird and I was in a strange headspace, so I pretty much fell of the face of Fitday. I haven't been logging or working out for a couple of months now. I was fine with that for a bit, but I've seen a worrying tendency to pick up old habits, so I'm really trying to get my head back in the game. I'm still at the weight I was last I was here, so I guess that's good, but I'd like to make forward progress. Um, so, you may also remember the lump I found in my breast. I've had more tests done, and the consensus is that it's nothing to worry about, but I'm going in for a full on biopsy tomorrow, you know, where they take a chunk out. I'm not expecting bad news, but I'm just really trying to err on the side of major caution. Anyway, that's about me in a nutshell. Otherwise, just back in the grind of grad school, etc.

Here's my goal:
1.) Don't eat stupid stuff
Old 10-08-2012, 04:52 AM
FitDay Member

Default Weekly Goals

Goals:
Calories < 1700:
3 Workouts for the week:
Protein => 30%:
Achieve my mini goal of 220 pounds:

Mike,
Maybe you should run part way to Arkansas to work off the 5 pound gain.
Glad you had a great vacation with the daughter. PS.. Don't call me 'lovely' LOL

Last edited by rpmcduff; 10-08-2012 at 05:02 AM.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:27 AM
FitDay Member

Hello ladies, and Ron!!

Mike and I are both in this week. Although neither of us are in for a full week. He won't be back on the wagon until Wednesday, and I will fall officially off the wagon on Friday-ish. I'll post goals when I get home from work.

Joanna-Good to see ya Chicka!!

Ron-I'm guessing Mike forgot that he's not the only fox in the hen house anymore
Old 10-08-2012, 02:24 PM
FitDay Member

WTF?!?!?!!?!?!?!?! Where is everyone?????

I guess everyone needs a

TEAM MISFITS GOALS

Lil Sis--Monday thru Thursday night/Friday afternoon

Health/Fitness
1: don't go stupid with food
2: walk 5 miles before Friday
3: drink more water

Other
4: clean out car
5: do all laundry
6: test out German Choc cake on Daddy before making it for WHN's welcome home
7: take one day at a time, tears to a minimum

Bubba--Wednesday thru Sunday

Health/Fitness
1: gallon water daily
2: gym 2 times
3: walk 5 miles
4: don't go stupid with food

Other
5: floss nightly
6: take all vitamins & supplements
7: take the girls out for one good walk (both of them, pink harness and leash be damned!)

Gonna be a busy week. I have a LOT to do before WHN gets home NEXT MONDAY AFTERNOON!!! AAAAHHHHHH, ONLY 1 WEEK LEFT! Not only do I need to clean out the car....I need to A) get my hair did, B) get my nails and toes did, C) find a new outfit (cause, I didn't do enough shopping last week ) . I also need to test out the cake. WHN's fave cake is German Chocolate, so I want to surprise him with a scratch made one. We'll see if it turns out well, if not....it's a "hooked up" box. We'll just have to wait and see. I need to figure out what all I need to pack, hence doing all laundry. Just gonna be hectic, but need to make sure everything is in order when he gets here.

Let's ALL have a wonderful week! No matter how long we're on the wagon.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator

I know! Extra quiet here lately. I hope everyone's doing okay! Miss you all!

Maybe with the holiday over, we'll get some of our Canadian friends back tomorrow. Hope you had a good one and enjoyed your family time, Jenn.

1. Be mindful of what goes into my mouth. Yes
2. Balance out any "naughties" with good, fresh, low-calorie food and exercise. Yes
3. Exercise 8 hours for the week. 2 hours
4. Drink water. Yes
5. Take vitamins. Yes
6. Sleep enough (shoot for 7 hours). Didn't make 7 but I felt well-rested after 6
7. Get back on the scale Tuesday morning. I really don't want to do this.

Tori, have fun with all your preparations .

Mike, loved the video. Especially the irony of the "no bumping" sign on the car and the way the guy had to come turn you around. Have a safe trip to Arkansas.

Joanna, so glad to have you back. Congrats on your candidacy! Fingers crossed and prayers going up for your biopsy.

mrsrainh2o, glad you are okay. Take care of yourself...one step at a time.

Well, the farmer's market was amazing. It was actually overwhelming. I most liked the spices...sooo cheap! And they had wheat bran, oat bran, and flaxmeal for half of what I pay in the grocery store. The produce was awesome and the price of organic is what I pay for regular at the grocery as well. It's kind of a bummer it's so far away. They had a hot and cold buffet there so we had lunch, but there were enough healthy options to make good choices and I did great with food and calories today even though I didn't set a specific goal this week.

Unfortunately, the only drawback from today was that I made some sandwich rolls when I got home and after all the rising and punching and rising and dinner, I had to leave for tennis before they were done. Husband and son forgot about them and I arrived home to inedible rocks. But they did clean up the kitchen for me .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.