View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 06:54 PM   #1820 (permalink)
RunbikeSki
FitDay Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dear_abby View Post
Thanks Ron, yes. I guess it is a habit, one that continues to surprise me. Today I had a dentist appointment ,so no Y, but I got in a neighborhood run. I live in a very hilly part of the world, and at 5 AM it is dark today it was misty, my glasses fogged up as soon as I started, but man, it was fun to just keep moving. I didn't go very fast, in fact, maybe it was a slow jog, but it was up hill both ways! Can't wait for daylight savings, I need to see sunrise again!

Abby
Hills: weight lifting for the butt! I agree about daylight savings, I don't mind starting out in the dark, but ending while it is still dark feels like night time and I am ready to go back to bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaimeMWS View Post
Back to rowing Monday and today. Good workout Monday. Today a beautiful sunrise over the river, but we hit a log and knocked out the thing that allows us to steer, so not as much a workout.
Coach gave us a fiendish set of exercises he wants us to do on days we don't row. I don't know how to motivate myself to do this. I can't even do one push-up, much less 20 "burpies."
Ah burpees! They are a great exercize, but really hard to do many in a row. Start with a couple, take a break and do a couple more. One way to motivate yourself is set a goal. Say... 10 burpees in a row and work towards that goal.

You don't actually have to do full push-ups to do them right. It is mostly the jumping back and jumping up that'll get your heart beating. Most people just kinda flop down on their tummy and then push back up. One thing that helps is to keep your ab muscles tight, it will help stablize your back, so you don't end up hurting it by arching to hard.

2.5 years, 45 pounds later... 128ish pounds
RunbikeSki is offline   Reply With Quote