Notices

Script Errors and Hang Times - Fitday 2.0

Old 09-10-2012, 05:02 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Thumbs down Script Errors and Hang Times - Fitday 2.0

Hello,

The issue with the script being used on Fitday 2.0 is really causing problems for a few of us at work. I work in the IT Department and I've tested this on a number of computers running Windows XP and Windows 7. I've tried Chrome, Mozilla and IE8, all of which are locking up the browser when you enter food into the log. Using Chrome and IE8, the script uses about 25% of CPU and hangs indefinitely. Mozilla after a period of time detects that the script is taking longer then it should and has a problem and gives you the option to exit the script after which you can enter the next food item. The problem occurs again though. My colleague indicates the issue is occurring on his Mac also.

Do you know when this will be fixed? It's a huge NAG and major deterrent from using the site. I'm a long time member of Fitday and I lost over 100lb's with this site using the classic version. I moved to livestrong because of the better interface, then Fitday 2.0 came out and I've moved back, but the script issue has me banging my head against the wall screaming NO, No No,

Hopefully it gets fixed soon. Thanks.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:34 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for posting; a number of folks have also indicated this is a problem. Two things come to mind, though I don't have the technical information for you.

First, check this section to see if there are any thoughts in the previous threads that have been posted regarding this (I can't remember the content off the top of my head), and second, if you can post a screen shot of what's happening, that may help the folks on the tech end.

I understand it's really frustrating. Congratulations, though, on your results so far!
Old 09-13-2012, 05:14 AM
FitDay Premium Member

So I am still having issues on my home computer running Windows 7. The screenshots in this post are from my work computer and home computer at the help desk running windows XP. I took screen shots of what was happening in Chrome.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
9-13-2012 10-39-51 AM.jpg (37.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg
9-13-2012 10-45-34 AM.jpg (49.3 KB, 12 views)
Old 09-16-2012, 02:20 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Do you guys need more information for this? Whats happening? Future updates?
Old 10-04-2012, 04:05 AM
FitDay Member

Another here having issues. Firefox 1.5.0.1, running NoScript and AdBlock Plus (persists with both disabled).

Same as reported above: long hang times and unresponsive pages/scripts. Page "loading" animation plays in the tab indefinitely, requires a ctrl+f5 to interrupt.

I wasn't sure what was going on at first since the site has run very slowly for me the entire time I've used it. I just assumed the hosting was a little on the cheap side or something, as it feels a lot like a site getting choked out by bandwidth issues.

Old 10-07-2012, 03:23 AM
FitDay Premium Member

This is either day two or three on the 2.0 website being totally unusable because of script lock ups. Synching to FitDayPC works, so does the old website. I'm trying to use it under the latest versions of FireFox on Windows 7 and OSX.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:48 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Exactly the same problem. My system freezes as I try to use the food log. Very problematic situation. Where do we call for help? or ot get a refund for the year pais in advance. This is my first day. I wasted my money.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:38 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Same problems, no answers

It's a nice site, but no replies to queries? What's up with that? How do you get your money back?
Old 11-16-2012, 11:30 AM
Administrator

Hi!

What errors are you seeing exactly, and what tasks are you trying to perform when you see them?

Also if you can report your browser type & version that would help us diagnose if it's local to you, an issue with a single browser type, or a more general FD issue.

Thank you,

Paul
Old 11-16-2012, 11:37 AM
Administrator

And first, please try this:

1) log out
2) delete all cookies for FitDay (or just all cookies)
3) delete browser cache
4) disable plugins such as ad-blockers (they can block site functions as well)

Also, try logging in using a different browser. We find Firefox works best, Chrome is excellent, and IE has more problems than either.

Paul

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.