View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 12:23 PM   #12 (permalink)
frenchhen3
FitDay Member

Agree, an accurate bathroom scale is a good thing!

My "thing" that worked or is working for me is not getting hung up about the number on the scale, and not getting hung up on the familiar words, "you should be losing 1-2 pounds a week." Because, most of the time for me that has not been the case. Also for me, I don't really set a weight loss deadline, such as "My goal is to be X weight by X date." I do have a magic number that I want to get to, and I have my mind set that I will get to it. The date I get there is not important, what is important is I get there. Also getting enough sleep at night has been key. 7-8 hours a night. That is when the magic started to happen.

"Diet" things that have worked for me. I don't eat diet food. I eat the real deal (i.e. full calorie foods.) and am mindful of portions. I weigh and measure things. I cut WAY down my sodium intake. I eat slowly and mindfully. I don't buy processed foods. I cook from scratch so I am certain of the calorie, fat, protein and salt content. I make my own salad dressings, "condensed soups" for recipes, etc.

I don't eat until I am full. I've found this over the two years of my progress. There is really no need to eat until you are full, ever.