View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 11:56 AM   #24 (permalink)
darlasowders
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanneKJones View Post
Well I upgraded to V2 and spent time working with it the last few weeks, and have to say I am very disappointed. It did import all my custom foods, and I have a fancy new button that says "Sync" which only works if you also have the premium online version. The database, print, and exports features appear to be exactly the same. The search for foods functions still pulls up a zillion things that you have to search for, like you search for chicken breasts and it's halfway down the list. The only reason I can see to upgrade to the newest version is if you are also going to use the premium edition online, so that you can sync the two together.
I noticed that. I've been using mine since 2008, and if the search feature is not improved, that alone is reason enough to not upgrade. I don't intend to use the online feature at all (yet).

I just searched for "steel cut oats" and six of the top ten results were MEAT products!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchucter View Post
Thanks for that, I was just looking at V2, but have v1.0.0.6 since a while and it is great, so will stick with it. I was hoping you may be able to customise the graphs. If all it has is a few new foods, then I think the trick is to set up all your own custom foods as I have done, then it works better than relying on the existing lists especially for me as I am in Scotland and a few foods are called something different in any case.
Sticking with V1 here too! Sure hope they put some effort into a new version soon. The help feature is not supported by Vista in V1, but I've kind of figured the program out by now anyway. It always seemed pretty intuitive to me.
darlasowders is offline   Reply With Quote