Thread: Hello All!
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 04:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
rpmcduff
FitDay Member

Alia,
Since I don't know your current physical condition, you will need to be the judge of where a good starting point is for you. Just start slow, you can always increase tomorrow till you reach the point you are pushing yourself. There is a program you can google called 'Couch to 5K' that several others here have had good success with if you are in need of a proven plan.

I always admire the women at my gym who are lifting because I know it can be intimidating. If you do belong to a gym try starting out on the weight machines. They are usually less intimidating and don't be afraid to ask the staff to show you the proper form for each exercise or machine. Thats what they are getting paid for.

If you don't belong to a gym already there are lots of body weight exercises that you can perform too. Bodybuilding.com has a reference library of exercises where you can get more information.

My (now 46#) weight loss was done through healthy diet, controlled calories and exercise. I say I can eat anything I want. I just choose to indulge infrequently and in much smaller quantities than I used to. My food log last week included ice cream and popcorn and small quantities of foods like these help me never feel deprived.

Male, Age 53 Height 5'-11"
Start, Spring 2009....,.. 270.0 lbs
January 21, 2010. ....,...255.0 lbs (Joined Fitday)
September 10, 2010..,..223.8 lbs. (-46.2lbs)
Mini-Goal......................225 Achieved 9/21/2012
Mini-Goal......................220 Achieved 10/26/2012
Current.........................216.2 lbs. (-53.8 lbs)
Mini-Goal.......................215
Goal..............................200

My log: http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public...Owner=rpmcduff
rpmcduff is offline   Reply With Quote