I've been trying to work on a custom weight loss diet that consists of palatable meals. So far I've lost 25 lbs. (going from 194 to 169). Here is what a fairly good day of my diet looks like:
- Cooked spelt with silk and cinnamon
- Coffee with half-n-half
- Almonds (I get Cocoa Roast from Sam's Club)
- Large spinach salad with croutons, walnuts, and balsamic vinaigrette
- Smoked Turkey and Lentil Soup
- Raw carrots
- Sockeye patties with lemon herb sauce
- Broccoli with a little cheddar sauce
- Peanut butter and jelly whole wheat sandwich
- Plenty of water
- A little juice
I can cut calories this way and get a good amount of vitamins and minerals through food sources, but I think this is relatively high in fat. Can anyone show me a good example where the ratio is about 60% carbs, 20% fat 20% protein? What does a good day from your diet look like?
BTW, I'm also trying to do this on a budget.