Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
ALL ABOARD THE BRAGGIN' WAGON!! 7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 09.24.12 >

ALL ABOARD THE BRAGGIN' WAGON!! 7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 09.24.12

Notices

ALL ABOARD THE BRAGGIN' WAGON!! 7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 09.24.12

Old 09-23-2012, 03:58 PM
FitDay Member

Default ALL ABOARD THE BRAGGIN' WAGON!! 7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 09.24.12

Since the whole point of the 7-Day Thread is to be motivating and uplifting, we should all be bragging about how well we're doing. So a special challenge goes out to EVERYONE....we all brag about one thing we did well that day. I've been Debbie Downer lately, so this is especially important for me. No more beating myself up over little things.

Soooooo, I've just realized WHN will be home in 21 DAYS!!!! I have exactly 3 weeks to get a few pounds off. I had really hoped to be further along by now, but it is what it is. I let myself get into a major depression, and it totally screwed me up. I've lost ZILCH, NADA, NOTHING since he's left. And it's my own damn fault. Granted, I haven't gained anything, but I'm still pretty pissed at myself. Yes, Bubba....you told me so, so SHUDDIT!!! But I've got renewed motivation (couldn't possibly be due to the fact that he'll be home in 21 DAYS!) and it feels awesome! He's told me countless times that he doesn't care if I lose another ounce, that he loves me as is. He's also told me that he doesn't want me doing this for him. I've had to reassure him that that is not the case. I started this journey long before I met him, and I'm seeing it through to the end. And then I'm going to maintain. I'm supremely blessed to have FINALLY found someone who truely loves me. Someone who looks at me like I'm the only woman in the world (kinda creepy at first though, not gonna lie). I can't contain my joy. Hopefully it's catching and we all have an AMAZING week!!!

Onto goals. There's nothing wrong with a little healthy competition, so Mike and I are going head to head again.

Tori vs. Mike Goals

1: Post start weight, log every damn thing that goes in your mouth, make logs public--180.8 http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public...wner=ToriD1012
2: Most calories deficient
3: Most water consumed
4: Most miles walked
5: Fewest net carbs
6: Fewest servings of bread
7: Highest % of weight lost

Pretty basic. I probably have him on a couple, and he's got me on a few. Can anyone say TORI DRINK YOUR WATER? So that's it. I may add some personal goals later on. I'll just have to wait and see if I can accomplish them without them being in writing.

Did I mention it's only 21 days??????????

Last edited by ToriD1012; 09-24-2012 at 12:25 AM.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator

You are going down!

I have gained quite a bit, a lot of stress eating I guess. Tori reminded me that if I'm "back on the auction block" (as I call it) I'd rather be there at 170 than 180 something.

Tori vs. Mike Goals

1: Post start weight, log every damn thing that goes in your mouth, make logs public 187.2 http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJournals.html?Owner=01gt4.6
2: Most calories deficient
3: Most water consumed
4: Most miles walked
5: Fewest net carbs
6: Fewest servings of bread
7: Highest % of weight lost

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 09-24-2012 at 01:13 AM.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the awesome, energetic lead off, Tori! I will set my goals in the morning over my cup of tea, as is my new Monday habit; see you all then! Have to keep up with Tori and Mike; I can tell they're going to tear it up this week!

Tori, I'm sorry, but I'm not exactly clear...how many days till he comes home?

Nice to have you back with guns blazing !
Old 09-23-2012, 10:51 PM
FitDay Member

Hey to posters. My goals this week are to 1) continue eating no starches, 2) do one outside and one inside chore, and 3) record one good thing about each day.
Weight Loss: -3
No starches: Yay!
Outside/Inside Chores: Poison the fire ant beds/Put away laundry
One Good Thing: Great night's sleep

Last edited by mrsrainh2o; 09-24-2012 at 12:31 PM.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:56 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome back, msrainh20, good to see you again this week. You were doing very well on your starch goal this past week. Can you explain a little bit about what you do for this? It's been a while since I heard "starch" instead of "carbs" and I think it's kind of intriguing.

Hope the weather where you are is wonderful for those outside chores!
Old 09-24-2012, 12:25 AM
Super Moderator

Did pretty well keeping it simple last week, so going to go again another week with that:

1. Calories 1300 or fewer.
2. Exercise 6 hours total.
3. Log everything.
4. Sleep 7 hours a night.
5. Take vitamins and supplements.

Happy Monday, everyone!
Old 09-24-2012, 12:28 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Tori, I'm sorry, but I'm not exactly clear...how many days till he comes home?
hang on, let me chec...21 DAYS!! It feels unbelievable to feel like the Tori of old. I've missed her!!! I'm sure Mike has missed her too. Apparently I was a whiny, bitchy, little DB
Old 09-24-2012, 01:14 AM
Super Moderator

Tori, I don't believe I've ever called you a DB... out loud.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:23 AM
FitDay Member

Good Monday Morning!

Glad to see everyone is motivated to make it a great week! I'm going to try something new this week. Instead of trying to be perfect every day, (...and failing miserably) I'm going to push to be exceedingly good M-F and then being less strict Saturday and Sunday. My thinking goes something like this: I figure that I can hold it together for a finite period of time (5 days) and that being disciplined for 5 out of 7 days is better than throwing in the towel mid-week.

So, here goes my "5 Outta 7 Aint Bad" Maintenance Plan: lol

1. LOG EVERYTHING, no matter how small, M-F.
2. Calories under 1100 M-F.
3. Strictly limit breads and cheese; no deep-fried ANYTHING!!!
4. Remember calcium and multi-vitamin.
5. 3-4 fruits and veggies a day.
6. List something that I accomplished each day.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:35 AM
FitDay Member

Wow, what an awesome way to start the thread Tori. Glad to see YOU back.

So...Fri night couldn't log into computer--got a message Profile user failed login. Had a tech guy come this morning and all fixed. Don't realize how much I rely on my computer til it doesn't work.

GOALS
1. Carbs and protein 140/60
2. Exercise 5x for 30mins at least
3. NO DONUT OR MUFFIN
4. 8 glasses of water
5. 4 servings of fruits/veggies (yesterday was awful)

Since we are bragging...I lost a lb this week. Had been stagnant for a couple of weeks (like Tori at least it wasn't going up) so this is good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.