Notices

I'm new

Old 09-23-2012, 03:59 AM
FitDay Member

Red face I'm new

Hi I'm new here. Need to loose over 100lb. BMI is more than 50. I always fail to be on a diet. Any advice on how to loose weight fast.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:40 AM
Super Moderator

Hello, welcome!

Advice on losing fast? Two thoughts. Log what you eat and be aware, make good choices, and, given that you have 100 pounds to lose, the weight probably will come off fairly quickly at first. Second, once you fall into the routine and get past the initial drop, slow and steady wins this race. Weight lost fast is more likely to come back; it's recommended to lose about a pound or two a week, though depending on where you start, you may see more than that, especially at first.

Take a look around the forums; you'll find lots of advice and tips. There is a thread in the Weight Loss section for 100+ pounds to lose that might be very helpful, and the 7-Day Motivational Thread in the Women's Corner is very welcoming and motivating. Hope to see you around!
Old 09-23-2012, 04:58 AM
Super Moderator

Fast? No.
But when you start to lose weight, there will usually be a quick drop at the beginning of a diet. I think all diets give this initial drop, and advantage, and then, it's just 'It takes as long as it takes!'

But good luck! You can do it. Yep, it's possible and you can do it - dieting is never easy, but it can be done. Millions of people do achieve weight loss, safely, with good diet, and so can you!
Old 12-16-2017, 01:08 PM
FitDay Member

welcome
Old 06-28-2018, 12:39 PM
FitDay Member

its really crazy loosing weight at first it seems impossible but trust me the first step is the major action important..it serves as a stepping stone for you to achieve your goal.
Old 07-24-2019, 07:09 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by maryfannon
its really crazy loosing weight at first it seems impossible but trust me the first step is the major action important..it serves as a stepping stone for you to achieve your goal.
It always seems impossible... until it's done! © Nelson Mandela