View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 02:54 AM   #29 (permalink)
wangchukdrolma
FitDay Member

Default Also looking for a motivational buddy!

Hi everyone - I'm also looking for suport. I am at 159 and trying to get back down to 140 - and someday ideally down to 130. I gained 19 pounds since last December, so I do have my work cut out for me. I was living in Vietnam and India, which was mostly great for my dieting but my parents tend to keep a big supply of all the naughty stuff on hand! So my willpower has been tested and found wanting !

At my heaviest I was 185...so I have done a pretty good job in losing it the first time around. I need to motivate myself and get back to counting calories...that is what works for me, as I am always pretty active...but I do tend to eat everything I see!!!

I also started a pretty stressful social work job, and the first three months were difficult. I feel that I have settled in, so now I am not tempted to eat...I am quite the emotional eater.

I joined a challenge at my gym and am trying to get motivated and on track for it. I would like to be down to 140 by Dec. 15 but don't think that is reasonable. I find I am comfortable when I consume around 1200- 1600 calories. I am boosting my workouts and going running and lifting weights, as I think that will definitely help.

I am in my mid-30s, recently married and have no kids. Really miss my guy as he is still in India - he will be coming here in a few months I hope. Am going back to India to visit him in jan or feb.

Anyways, please drop me a line here or send me your email address. I'd love to hear from you and offer you all the support I can!

luv L
wangchukdrolma is offline   Reply With Quote