View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 07:13 AM   #21 (permalink)
JewcyDeb
FitDay Member

Smile a new start

I have been on weight loss programs for much of my adult life with some success. Sadly, nothing to this point has been sustainable and at almost 45 I fear the swing of 20lbs up and down could be dangerous. I have no health problems and take no medications which is fortunate. I saw Dr Fuhrman on Dr Oz the other day and for the 1st time I felt like my knowledgebase as a Nurse was being totally respected! I ran out to buy the book and have been loving it and all the delicious foods....my only concern is that the refreshed sense of energy and discipline will wane once I reach my goal weight. That and of course my intense love of food/cooking. I have never been able to imagine living a vegan lifestyle and the thought of never eating meat again seems daunting. For now, I am totally satiated with the combination of fresh and cooked veggies along with legumes. I have pushed myself to stay commited to running and feel confidant that I will reach my goal weight by my birthday this coming January. Any and all advice from those of you who are seeing amazing results would be greatly appreciated.
JewcyDeb is offline   Reply With Quote