Notices

Determined in England

Old 06-01-2012, 02:22 PM
FitDay Premium Member

It is bedtime but I wanted to come in and report I did 15 extra minutes of cardio this afternoon....WooHooooo!!

Love,

Nancy
Old 06-16-2012, 12:03 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Nancy,

Sorry I haven't been on for a while - I just don't know where the weeks have gone! I have got all my veg in at the allotment and it is looking pretty good. Still got about a third to cultivate but it is neat and tidy for the time being, the weather has turned wet again so digging it is out of the question.

I have been walking the dog (no matter what the weather is doing - much to his annoyance) and watching what I am eating, so I am making slow but steady progress. My weight is going up and down so I am trying to only weigh every two weeks at exactly the same time of day to try and getting a better idea of what is going on. I have only lost 1lb since last weigh in - which is a bit annoying - but I am getting joint aches and pains from the damp weather which slows me down and I am getting water retention (puffy hands and feet). Still 1lb off is better than 1lb on!

The "wall words" can look very elegant, what colour are you going for? I saw it with cream walls and gold words in a copperplate slanting handwriting type script, it was quite subtle as you only caught sight of the words from certain places in the room. Its a super idea as you can use words that mean something special to you personally.

Tomorrow is Fathers Day here in England, so my father is coming round for lunch (he is 80). We will be having pate and toast to start (my husbands favorite) and thickly cut beef with new potatoes and pepper sauce, with salad and battered onion rings. I haven't decided on pudding yet and will take a vote on it later! I shall fill up on salad and have everything else in moderation.

Take care and look after yourself,
Much love,
Nita
xxx
Old 06-25-2012, 09:42 AM
FitDay Premium Member

hello Nita!

I have been away for sooo long. I have had awful migraines with small post migraine strokes and really been a bit of a mess..I managed some walking but have gained about 3
Lbs in the process. I still get confused, but my brain is healing.

Something happened to my shoulder, I have been in pain and on codeine tablets & ice packs for 10 days. I went to the doctor last week and had x-rays and everything is "fine" so if it doesn't heal by Wednesday I will seek additional help with physiotherapy. It is deep in my left shoulder blade radiating into my neck...walking outdoors is painful so I have been skipping the morning walks for now. Our temps will be 35c tomorrow, too hot for anything!!

No progress has been made on my decorating, I have not even Thought about my wall words/painting colors. I did see a design show on tv a few years back where a wall of a home office was painted a blue-gray with copper colored wall words..stunning!

Nita, your garden sounds beautiful! Our garden is Tiny in comparison to yours but we manage to plant a good variety. This year we have cantaloupe in our back garden but I am wondering if it would be better off lakeside where the sun is hottest? I am not the gardener in our family so I keep most of my "plant opinions" to myself Lol

It is June 25 and yesterday was my Dad's birthday, he passed in '02 but I still sang to his photo in our living room. Happily you still have your Dad and he came for Father's Day dinner..your menu sounded delicious Nita!! We eat food like that as well, pate on toast is a real treat...my husband likes it a Lot.

Nita, have you ever heard of the "Tough Mudder" army maneuvers competition? It is a fundraiser to get soldiers back on their feet upon their return to civilian life. I believe it is the English Special Forces that put all this together? There is a competition in the U.K in November my daughter in law is signed up for. Anyway..the reason I brought it up is my daughter trained all year and entered her first "Tough Mudder" in Vancouver, British Columbia this past Saturday and actually Finished!!! It is 10-12 miles of obstacles like running thru deep mud and water and live electrical wires...it is CRAZY!!! Their team name was the "Dirty Ballerinas"...they were dressed in black with hot pink ballet tutu's!! There was a huge difference in cleanliness between the start line and the finish line..but they looked happy in both Lol. Nita if you google Tough Mudder it will show you what I am talking about.

We are having tuna melts for dinner tonight as I can't face another meat salad. I am defrosting chicken breasts this afternoon and will make Mulligatawny soup tomorrow morning..with a painful shoulder I am really slowed down, I think twice before doing just about anything. it is very late in England and I imagine you are in bed by now.

Talk with you soon Nita!

Ciao ciao,

Nancy
Old 07-06-2012, 08:54 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Nancy,

Sorry I havent been in touch, I dont know where the weeks are going - must be my age! Sorry to hear you have been unwell with the migraines again. I hope you feel better soon and are back to your old self.

I have been getting a lot of joint pain ( mostly hands and feet) which is not painful when walking but makes it very uncomfortable. It also affects most of my other joints and generally makes me feel tired and unwell. This miserable summer we are having is not helping - very depressing! I have managed to loose 0.8lb this week so at least I did not put ON. I have been watching what I eat (always having a smaller portion/no second helpings/choosing the healthy option) but I try not to calorie count as that immediately makes me feel deprived and more hungry. My weight loss is not going as fast as I would like but at least I am registering a loss each week rather than a gain, so I am trying to be positive. I just have to accept that it is going to take longer.

Well done to your daughter and her friends for completing the Tough Mudder. My daughter completed the 10km Race for Life last Sunday in 1 hr 17 mins - not bad considering her surgery was less than a year ago. She is a very determined young woman, who makes me very proud.

Must go as my Dad has just arrived.

Take care and I hope you continue to feel better.
Much love,
Nita
xxxx
Old 07-07-2012, 06:36 AM
FitDay Member

Hiya id love to say hello to this thread!!
I live in Leeds, West Yorkshire and i was just saying on the other thread that all its doe is rain,rain,rain!

I follow the Rosemary Conley Plan and attend classes on a Monday morning when i get weighed and do aerobics. So far its working well although this week ive not been quite as good as previous weeks!

Went swimming today with the kids and someone said to me because the rain was coming down so fast and heavy i may as well have just sat outside the puddles were sooo deep!
Old 07-07-2012, 07:02 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Tracey,
I am getting soooo fed up of the rain!!! It is really doing my head in! I think I must suffer from SAD (seasonal affected disorder) because on the rare occasion the sun shines I feel so much fitter, happier and more positive.

Congratulations on the 5 stone loss! Thats amazing. How long has it taken? Have you only done Rosemary Conley low fat? I always try and eat low fat and low sugar (I have Type 2 Diabetes) but find I can shift half a stone or so if I drop the carbs. Cutting carbs is not advised with my medical condition and I am told to "eat healthily and exercise". Trouble is that doesnt seem to work as well. EXTREMELY frustrating! Im just so fed up of feeling tired all the time.

I went to Slimming World a couple of years ago but found it very patronizing (might have been the woman in charge) I didnt like the feeling of being "on trial" when I got weighed. I get enough of that when I go to the doctors for a check up, ha ha!!

Take care and congrats again on weightloss, you put me to shame.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:59 PM
FitDay Member

njh50- Hello Ive been on my journey since i was 18 years old! Im now 27- i got pregnant with my first child at 17 and dont get me wrong he was planned but what wasnt was the amount of weight i gained. I was young and naive thinking that i would shrink back to normal after the birth so all i did was eat! Suffering bad all day sickness for the whole 9 months i only felt ok really late at night so would scoff things that now i wouldnt even look at.
Then i went on and had another child when i was 20 and have struggled with my weight since. I was also in a bad realtionship so depression and comfort eating took hold and i just stopped caring aboabout myself or so i pretended. Really i hated myself and prefered being in the house gorging on huge portions constantly.

I got out of the relationship which was the best thing and met someone new who gave me all the confidence i needed. I started to like myself more and believe in myself. I began at weightwatchers- i agree with what you say about slimming world- id tried that twice and with 2 different leaders who were not as supportive as id expect- i certainly know i wouldnt be one bit how they are if i became a leader. Weightwatchers was just as bad and i didnt get any enjoyment out of the group. I did lose 4 stone with weightwatchers though- on/off for 3 years. I must say though the difference with the Rosemary Conley classes is huge. The people are really friendly and the leader is the best- she makes me want to go every week cos she is so supportive and REAL!

Well thats a bit about me and ive always seen this as a lifestyle change but there are alot of times that challenge me. Im still learning but im focused to get to goal for next March- im bridesmaid at my sisters wedding and dont want to look back on photos feeling i could have looked better for her special day.

I agree with the horrible weather making us all miserable- it started off nice this morning and now theres a black cloud over the house- lets not let that get in the way though. Keep positive and i dont put you to shame

Tracey xx
Old 07-15-2012, 02:33 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Nancy and Tracey and Everyone,

Its been a busy week - don't know why really, but I don't seem to have stopped! Weight has stayed the same - must watch what I am eating more. Being stuck in the house because of the pouring rain is not good. My main exercise is dog walking and gardening, both of which are "fair weather" past times. The dog HATES the rain and it ends up as a dog drag rather than a dog walk! Which is no fun for either of us.

It is not raining - at the moment - so I am going to put a chicken on the rotisserie and take the dog out whilst its dry.

Take care
Love Nita
xxx
Old 08-12-2012, 10:34 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Where has the month gone??? Hi Nita and Tracey and everyone!

It has been BLISTERING hot here, 40c with humidity, and we have not been functioning well at all for over 6 weeks, it is so hot we have actually had a successful crop of canteloupe..we have 7 so far! I have been grateful for the Olympics being on as my tongue was sick for 10 days and I was too weak to sit up, I lay in bed and watched sport
the entire time. I am Fine now and ready to get back to my morning walks tomorrow, my husband and dog will be pleased.

I have been taking liberties with my eating and have gained weight as a result of no exercise for weeks and weeks. This often happens to me in summer with our extreme temperature shifts.

Tonight is fish and boiled potatoes with mint peas..back to the grind! LOL

Nita I have thought of you this summer, I am hoping your soggy beginning opened up to drier skies and good gardening for you and your family...hahaha or for you, anyway! I know your husband has romantic ideas of you gardening the allotment , I just hope after all that work you are getting something delicious out of it

It is almost time to make dinner so I think I will lay out my walking clothes for the morning so there are no excuses for setting forth in a timely manner at 7:30 a.m

Hopefully this finds all in a state of good health!

Cheers

Xoxo Nancy
Old 09-20-2012, 07:43 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi Nita,

Where is everyone?? It is September 20 and now I am concerned with the lack of activity. Nita is you are on Facebook feel free to friend me, Nancy McTaggart Iliffe.

I walked this morning and washed floors, grocery shopped and did some drawing..wow!lol

Nita are you and your family alright? Thinking of you

Love,

Nancy xx