Notices

Trimming down to an ultra-lean 8% body fat

Old 09-19-2012, 04:15 PM
FitDay Member

Default Trimming down to an ultra-lean 8% body fat

I guess I better give some background info before I start.
I'm 17 years old, and right now I'm sitting at around 10% body fat, with most of the visceral fat on my face..
I will be starting a 6 week fat loss dieting program so that I can get to a 8% bodyfat (I will judge by the mirror, once I see separation in my deltoids). Hopefully once I reach my goal my jaw bone will be pronounced and most of my facial fat will be lost.
Here's the guidelines I'll be following in my 6 week journey:
Macros: 55F 150P 150C
- No simple carbs besides milk and some fruit
- Most calories are consumed pre-workout, about 80% stretched throughout the day in tiny meals. Last 20% consumed after workout.
- 30 minutes of cardio on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and every day on the weekend.
- 1 hour weight lifting session every other day, on a split routine. 3-6 different exercises, each with 3+ sets, and 10-12 reps per set
- Drink water until urine is clear, disregard amount of bottles drank.

I will use this thread as a log for the food that I've eaten daily.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds like a solid plan. At your age, your hormones are in your favor so you should be able to get there pretty easily. Do you plan on posting progress pics?
Old 09-19-2012, 05:58 PM
FitDay Member

yes sir, weekly ones starting next week.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:04 AM
FitDay Member

Great looking well thought out plan!

The only thing I would suggest is lifting a little heavier. 4-6 repetitions have been shown to build mass best and 8-10 reps will build strength better. There is nothing wrong with 10-12 reps but lifting heavier will give you the most visual results.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:48 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rpmcduff
Great looking well thought out plan!

The only thing I would suggest is lifting a little heavier. 4-6 repetitions have been shown to build mass best and 8-10 reps will build strength better. There is nothing wrong with 10-12 reps but lifting heavier will give you the most visual results.
thanks for the advice!
I decided to go low-moderate intensity and high repetitions because of issues with my stomach. I cant eat as much as I would on a bulking phase, so if i were to lift heavy, i wouldnt be able to feed them the amount of nutrients needed to repair them and allow growth.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:48 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by coryxo94
I guess I better give some background info before I start.
I'm 17 years old, and right now I'm sitting at around 10% body fat, with most of the visceral fat on my face..
I will be starting a 6 week fat loss dieting program so that I can get to a 8% bodyfat (I will judge by the mirror, once I see separation in my deltoids). Hopefully once I reach my goal my jaw bone will be pronounced and most of my facial fat will be lost.
Here's the guidelines I'll be following in my 6 week journey:
Macros: 55F 150P 150C
- No simple carbs besides milk and some fruit
- Most calories are consumed pre-workout, about 80% stretched throughout the day in tiny meals. Last 20% consumed after workout.
- 30 minutes of cardio on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and every day on the weekend.
- 1 hour weight lifting session every other day, on a split routine. 3-6 different exercises, each with 3+ sets, and 10-12 reps per set
- Drink water until urine is clear, disregard amount of bottles drank.

I will use this thread as a log for the food that I've eaten daily.
Your plan is good, you just have to take care of the diet. Increase the protein level and take protein shake before and after the workout.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by coryxo94
thanks for the advice!
I decided to go low-moderate intensity and high repetitions because of issues with my stomach. I cant eat as much as I would on a bulking phase, so if i were to lift heavy, i wouldnt be able to feed them the amount of nutrients needed to repair them and allow growth.
If you are getting 150 grams of protein daily you are already getting the protein you need for muscle growth (1 gram per pound of LEAN body weight.) Working higher reps (if you are still working to failure) won't change the amount of growth or repair you need to sustain. Just the type or muscle fibers you affect are different (fast twitch/slow twitch) and so the visual results are different.