Notices

Hey Ladies, a new week is here! You know what time it is!

Old 09-16-2012, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator

Default Hey Ladies, a new week is here! You know what time it is!

Hey ladies, it's time to climb aboard the wagon. There is plenty of room. All my sexy ladies, please form a single file line and no pushing please. Lets load this wagon down. No rocking the wagon... until we get it packed out! If we rock it too (two, to, to-to for Tori) hard and you fall off, feel free to climb back on... or you can run, walk or crawl behind.

I plan on being here for all 7, so I will be a weekend warrior.

I will post goals tomorrow, I'll probably steal them from YOUR goals*, so you better make some big pimpin' goals! Lets see if I can beat you lovely ladies at your own goal...

I'm not sure if my sista from another mista will be in, so I'll only make goals for myself.

Who is in?

1. Eat 4 servings fruit/vegetables (Jenn)
2. Log everything. Everything (Cassie)
3. Take ALL vitamins and supplements; even the big, nasty ones. (Quinniepoo)
4. Dietary fiber 25g (Mern)
5. keep (start) journalling (Judi)
6. reign in the excitement of only 28 MORE DAYS TILL WHN COMES HOME!!!! (Tori)
7. Drink my water (belinda)

*I obviously won't be able to take a goal from everyone but I will take them from the first 5 or 6 so if you wanna put me in my place, get in early!

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 09-17-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:27 AM
FitDay Member

Goals for the week...here goes...
1. Log everything
2. Eat 4 servings fruit/vegetables
3. Keep carb/protein within limit 120carb/60g protein
4. Drink at least 6 glasses of water a day
5. Exercise(same goal)--didn't get enough last week so here's hoping for this week

Personal goals
1. WRITE. There is workshop at local library in 2 weeks and I want to have some stuff done
2. Finish cleaning out spare room (I can at least see the top of the bed again )
3. Pull out weeds in driveway and front lawn...a job I hate

Jenn
Old 09-17-2012, 02:52 AM
Super Moderator

Morning, Mike & Jenn, and everyone out there in FitDay Land!

Mike, you won't get any good goals from me; I'm paring it down this week because it's crazy busy. Just the basics:

1. Calorie limit 1200.
2. Exercise 6 hours total.
3. Sleep at least 7 hours a night.
4. Log everything. Everything.
5. Say one good thing that happened each day.

Other than that, I'll try to be as good as I can with the water, the vitamins, the pie chart, etc.

I think, since Friday morning, I spent a grand total of 6 waking hours at home, so I am totally in catch-up mode today. I got chewed alive by mosquitos at my son's tourney Friday night. I have been grinding oatmeal and soaking in it but I am still pretty miserable and at last count I had 34 bites on my legs alone. So if anyone has any magic home remedies, please let me know! Besides oatmeal baths, I'm working with hydrocortisone cream and aloe but I'm always open to new ideas!

Hope you all enjoy a great week! Mike, thanks for your motivating introduction to Monday . Jenn, go get those weeds done; you'll be so glad you did!
Old 09-17-2012, 03:09 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in! Not changing my goals, but I am going to really crack down this week and make it happen. No more, "I worked so hard today that I deserve a (fill in the blank with something fattening) or "I'm too tired to make a decent meal; I'll just pick up a pizza, fast food, etc." Time to get these last few pounds off before I go on vacation.

Did burn a ton of calories this weekend painting a bedroom. Still have odds and ends left to do tonight. BUT, I ate a ton, too. So it's time to be honest with myself and break the old bad habits that I've fallen into when my schedule got crazy.

1. LOG EVERYTHING, no matter how small.
2. Calories under 1100.
3. Strictly limit breads and cheese; no deep-fried ANYTHING!!!
4. Take ALL vitamins and supplements; even the big, nasty ones.
5. 3-4 fruits and veggies a day.
6. Be grateful, humble and patient with everyone... no matter how hard.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:20 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in. Same goals as last week. I'm up three pounds --did have one day last week when I cheated badly, but geez, not three pounds worth. I'm hoping it's just from my muscles still retaining water from bumping up my exercise--I am STILL bumping it up. I'll just keep telling myself the scale will reverse directions if I stick with my goals.

Calories 1300-1400
Dietary Cholesterol average 250mg or less
Sat fat average 10% of total calories or less
Net carbs after deducting fiber 35g
Dietary fiber 25g
Protein average minimum of 120g or more
Exercise 5 days
Water 64 oz.
Evening snack that won't take me off target

Headed to the Y for my cardio class.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:25 AM
Super Moderator

Okay my lovelies, the front seats have been taken. There is plenty of room left. Come one, come all!
Old 09-17-2012, 05:03 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, thanks. I WAS able to watch the time lapse video of your tiling work with the link you posted later. It looks beautiful!

mrsrainh2o, what are your goals this week?

Had a great cardio class--it feels so invigorating.

Busy day today--double duty school transportation for grandkids since DH is golfing--again.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:22 AM
FitDay Member

Tuck me into the corner in the back, Mike - I'll be the one throwing spitballs at the driver's head!

With all that's happening with me, if I can get through without a major meltdown, it'll be a good thing.

The goals will be similar to previous weeks - I will adjust it to be more diligent to keep my calories above 1200. It has been too easy to just skip eating lately, and I know it'll come around the bite me on the ass eventually. I can feel my resistance flagging, and need to keep healthy.

So, posting the numbers du jour, keep moving, keep journalling, keep on a steady forward motion - with only the occasional brief side trip into despair or self-pity, when needed.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:02 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, thanks. I think the camera shot something like 5000 pics to make that.

Judi, at least I don't have to worry about them getting stuck in my hair.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:55 AM
Super Moderator

Goals look good, everybody! Welcome back to the Monday wagon.

Mike, thanks for reposting the link. I love the canine helper that intermittently comes in to supervise, lol.

A week or so ago I posted about a change in the nutrition information of my fave hi-fiber tortillas (Ole Extreme Wellness)...it changed drastically. Today I received a response from the company; fyi, for anyone interested:

Thank you for taking the time to write.

The changes made are due to the fact we were receiving a lot of complaints regarding the products pliability. We decided to move forward with a formulation change that would improve the pliability by replacing a percentage of the fiber source with wheat. This change improved the pliability but adversely affected the nutritionals. Now we are receiving a lot of feedback concerning the new nutritionals. Due to this we are now working on one more formulation change that will still improve the pliability but keep the calories below 100 and the fiber at 10+g. We are expecting to launch this formula within the next 90 days. We hope you can be patient with us during this transition.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.