View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 09:54 PM   #39 (permalink)
Mern
FitDay Member

Msrain, so glad you joined us. There are several lowcarbers here, so you'll have a lot of diet AND low carb support.

Judi--so glad your Mom is home now.

I just realized I didn't post my Monday report yet. I guess I'll do it with my Tuesday report.

Might not seems like much of an accomplishment to you younger folks, but this is a major accomplishment for me. I had a personal best today on the elliptical at the gym that shut down several months ago when I exceeded my target heart rate by too much after only .12 miles. Doc told me to keep trying and when I can't do any more to hop on a stationary bike to finish out at least 30 minutes total. She doesn't want me doing any certain exercise more than twice per week, so I do the elliptical, bike, and ab machine on Tuesdays and Thursdays. A couple weeks ago I had to stop 6 or 7 times to get up to half a mile. Today I stopped only 3 times for 5-10 seconds each but probably didn't need the third stop. When I get up to half a mile with no stops, I'll start adding 1/10 mile at a time until I get up to a whole mile, then will decide if I want to add more distance or increase the intensity/resistance. Also added 5 lbs. to my ab machine resistance today--now doing 20 reps at 45 lbs. which I'm told is pretty good for a 218 lbs. 66 year old, 5 foot tall woman just starting out. I do a 45 minute cardio class on Monday and Friday. And Saturday I can do either 2 miles of aerobic walking or a nice strength training/resistance band, AbSlide, and jumping jacks workout. I take off exercise Wednesday and Sunday.
Weight 6/25/2014 233 that obviously included a lot of water retention
Weight 7/13/2014 224.6 with an eye on "Onederland"

Last edited by Mern; 09-18-2012 at 10:05 PM.
Mern is offline   Reply With Quote