View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 07:45 PM   #1729 (permalink)
Loobie1
FitDay Member

Abby, hope the foot gets better! :S I broke and dislocated my ankle very badly about 4.5 years ago, and it still reeks havoc on any exercise I attempt to do. Grrr. It was exercising that did it in the first place (playing netball, slipped over on a wet court! ) But anyway..... I understand the frustration of having some sort of foot related injury!

Today.....I had to work late, and couldn't get to the gym, so I decided I was going to attempt to jog (for the first time in maybe forever!)
I'm a nanny, so I got the 3 year old I look after onto her bike, and she cycled and I jogged/power walked/died alongside her. She goes at just my pace..... I managed to do 5km (3.1 miles) in 40 mins and 35 seconds, which could have possibly been a bit shorter as I had to wait for said 3 y.o to catch up a lot of the time.... lol. Not sure if this is a good time (obviously about 6 hundred other joggers and runners overtook me along the way, but still....) for me, as I am incredibly unfit at the moment....

Can really feel it in my ankle though now....I even wore my support brace for it, and it still hurts, but never mind....it's still exercise.
Loobie1 is offline   Reply With Quote