View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 05:35 AM   #1404 (permalink)
andieligon
FitDay Member

Cheribear, it's nice to have you here. I have heard of the HCG diet, but I'm not entirely sure what it all entails, though seeing it involves injections doesn't exactly make it appealing to me. I hope that it's working for you though. And make sure you update on how you're doing too!

Clay, that's incredible. I love seeing your posts every month. It's like a little surprise that shows me how much of a difference a month can make. I'm starting to think just posting once a month about the actual loss, numerically speaking, might be the most encouraging way to carry on.

Mike, congratulations! I can't imagine what that must be like, to cross a threshold like that, but I know you must be feeling so great. I love the idea of those 2 tattoos. Especially the kanji symbol. I think "Unstoppable" is a pretty apt description of anyone who is willing to take on a challenge like any of us have, and then to prove that it can be accomplished.

Goatless, I hope to hear more from you. Keep up with it and I'm sure you'll start seeing improvement soon!

As for me, I lost 2.5 lbs. Not bad. That takes me to a total so far of 21 pounds lost. I can't say that I love having the weight come off so slowly. I do know though that this is really for the best. I've slowly been able to recognize little things that just make me realize that I'm doing things right.

I have energy now through the roof! Okay, not that much, but I am definitely more ready to go than I had been for quite a while. My sister says I'm driving her insane with how energetic I've become. On Sunday, someone paid me a compliment on my appearance. And instead of rolling my eyes or just shrugging off the compliment, something that I have done quite a bit of the past couple of years, I accepted it and told her I appreciated hearing that. A little cathartic, I think. Then to top it off, my swimming trunks FIT ME! I even did a little dance in them I was so pleased with myself. These are the same swimming trunks that I was not able to wear in June because the button kept popping open. Now, they fit snugly when they're dry, but are almost falling off when I'm swimming. I am ecstatic.

So, to wrap up my rambling, I'm doing very well. I so enjoy seeing how well you all have done. Until the next time, I hope you all have a great week.
andieligon is offline   Reply With Quote