View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 07:50 PM   #20 (permalink)
marc1995
FitDay Member

I've been on the eat to live diet/lifestyle for 3 weeks now. I do still eat chicken and fish though because I just could eliminate everything all at once. I am not a big vegetable eater but I'm getting better. i have lost 20 lbs in the first 22 days and I've only been hungry twice. I'm a believer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaiKitty View Post
Is anyone else having success with the Eat to Live plan?

It essentially recommends a vegan diet without processed foods and limited grains, where the goal of the diet is to maximize the nutrient to calorie ratio of foods (obviously veggies, especially greens are the most nutrient dense and meats/cheeses have virtually none).

General guidelines are to make it a goal to:
  • eat one pound of raw veggies per day (mostly leafy greens),
  • one pound of cooked veggies per day,
  • at least four fruits per day,
  • at least one cup of legumes (beans/pulses) per day,
  • up to one cup of soy milk or tofu per day,
  • no between meal snacks,
  • only eat if hungry.

A final note is that one should follow the 90% rule with this recommendation, where you should be following the recommendations 90 percent of the time with 10 percent of allowable deviations.

So, is anyone else out there having success with this diet? I love it. It has totally revolutionized my eating and I have lost 30lbs in 5 months. I frequently have cheats, but up to the point allowable in the 90% rule. I also feel this diet will be sustaiable for the long term and I look forward to striving to eat this way for the rest of my life. No more counting calories.

Please share your stories.

Thanks,
ChaiKitty
marc1995 is offline   Reply With Quote