Notices

need help!

Old 04-19-2010, 09:55 PM
FitDay Member

Default need help!

hi
i enrolled at a club about a month ago
after a few weeks i weighed and learned that i loss 3 lbs of fat and gained 2 lbs of muscles
after a week
i learned that i gained 3 lbs of fat and lss 3 lbs of muscles which made me very
what could i possibly do i workout around 5 times a wwek at 1hour per day
any advice? i weigh 158 lbs btw.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:13 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by tricksterman
hi
i enrolled at a club about a month ago
after a few weeks i weighed and learned that i loss 3 lbs of fat and gained 2 lbs of muscles
after a week
i learned that i gained 3 lbs of fat and lss 3 lbs of muscles which made me very
what could i possibly do i workout around 5 times a wwek at 1hour per day
any advice? i weigh 158 lbs btw.
These variations are much more likely to be as a result of the inacuracy of the measurement tools rather than a true reflection of your weight change.

You might be able to lose 3lbs of fat in a week, but unless you are taking some form of steroids you will probably never add lbs of muscle in the same period. Measure yourself over a longer period of time and try not to get too hung up on individual measures.

Working out daily is great but give your body time to recover in between. i.e. don't try and do the same excercise 2 days in a row expecting double the results. Try varying what you do. What you might expect as a result is depenent upon so many factors (metabolism, diet, intesity of activity ...) so cannot be predicted easily. What I would say is that if you control your calories and continue to work out, you will get fitter, feel more energetic and you should see the weight come off.