Notices

RDA values do not add up

Old 09-12-2012, 07:20 AM
FitDay Member

Unhappy RDA values do not add up

This morning I put in 3 items for my breakfast which had B12 %RDAs of 0, 0 and 50%. The total for the day is showing 130% of B12. Should it not be 50%?
I checked for zinc as well and the total was also different that the sum of the 3 items.
Am I just really bad at math, or is something off here?
Old 09-12-2012, 09:46 AM
FitDay Premium Member

It would be helpful if you could screen capture your data and paste it into your message. Or allow viewing by others through your profile. Something definitely doesn't add up
Old 09-13-2012, 05:48 AM
FitDay Member

Default it really does not add up

I posted the same question. For example, I ate a 1/2 lb papaya that would show like 60% of RDA for vitamin A. In the nutrition report for the day, vitamin A shows only 16%. Same for basically all others - like the report is not harvesting the data from the daily values of foods entered. Or something. I thought it was really cool to track the nutrition, but the reports seem to be rather useless if they are not accurate.