Notices

What's in your lunch box?

Old 07-25-2012, 01:37 AM
FitDay Member

Default What's in your lunch box?

On another thread someone asked Vito for his cooler packing secrets, I thought it would be a good topic in general...

Today I have a lobster salad made with mock mayo (greek yogurt and seasonings) arugula, carrots, and a wrap to put the salad in. It's not actualy the extravagence it sounds, lobster prices have plumeted in Boston, and the "sheddies" (which can't be shipped) are quite cheap (ok, not as cheap as chicken, but if you have it for a special dinner, and don't finish, great leftover!)
Old 07-25-2012, 06:45 AM
FitDay Member

I bring breakfast, lunch and a snack to work daily. Today (and most days) I have:

Breakfast: Banana, Greek yogurt
Lunch: Salad (lettuce, cabbage & carrot shreds, tomatoes, cucumbers, mild banana pepper rings, bread & butter pickle slices and wishbone balsamic vinagrette spritzer)
Snack: 6 big strawberries & 15 grapes
Old 07-25-2012, 07:20 AM
Super Moderator

Cool...this reminds me of the "what are you eating right now" thread that was going a while back. I got some great ideas from that!

If I'm at work, I usually take sliced turkey in a low-carb, high-fiber tortilla with lettuce and whatever else I have (sliced cukes, carrots, spinach, etc) and a piece of fruit, and I have almonds at work I snack on if I get hungry beyond that.

If I'm working at home, I usually make a salad with lettuce, spinach, whatever veggies are in the crisper, and leftover chicken, turkey, or sometimes tuna. Sometimes I get fancy and throw on a few chopped almonds or pecans and dried cranberries or dried cherries.

I do a lot of soup in the winter, too...but not when it's 95*
Old 07-27-2012, 02:52 AM
FitDay Member

My lunch today consists of greek yogurt with multi-frozen fruits; almonds; slice of bread; and slice of watermelon.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:27 AM
FitDay Member

Breakfast is one egg, one egg white scrambled with ground turkey. I cook the ground turkey on Sunday night and season with cumin, chili pepper and red pepper flakes. I through it in a bowl and eat it on the way to work. Or I eat oatmeal with blueberries.

Lunch is salad with baked chicken. I don't use dressing because I don't like it. Watermelon, canteloupe or cherries for dessert.

Supper is a baked pork chop with roasted veggies. Snacks are fruit. Before I go to the gym I might have a low-fat waffle with peanut butter.

This weekend I found Magic Pop at Hy-Vee. They are awesome! It is like a flat tortilla, but a little bit thicker, like a thin rice cake. 15 calories and 4 carbs.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:17 AM
FitDay Member

nothing special for today just have some snacks and nothing else, but its better to have some salad and green tea after lunch
Old 09-10-2012, 03:49 AM
FitDay Member

I found on pinterest the best recipe for Ranch Dressing.

1 cup of Dannon Oikos Greek Yogurt Plain
1/2 1% Milk
Hidden Valley Ranch Packet (the salad dressing one...not the dip)

The whole things has less than 250 calories and tastes better than original ranch!
Old 09-10-2012, 05:40 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I made a "primal meatloaf" last night, with bison, pork and lamb, and finely diced sauteed mushrooms and almond meal instead of bread crumbs, and had a slice cold for a late-morning breakfast. Have to go to an all-afternoon meeting at which lunch will be provided, so I'm hoping by going not hungry I can resist the stuff I don't want to be eating.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:15 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Uggg, looking for inspiration. I generally like to take lunch, but I just can't seem to find anything in the pantry of fidge that looks appetizing. I do have a nice grocery store deli w/in walking distance. It has lots of great options like a salad bar, roast chicken, etc. But it also has wonderful sandwiches, yummy potato salad... you get the picture... not currently on the OK list. And at the moment I am feeling a carb binge coming on, so going to the deli for lunch may be more temptation that this girl has the strenght to tackle.

Hopefully I'll figure this out in the next 3 hours.

PS I guess I am a lucky person if this is my only delema today
Old 09-27-2012, 04:51 AM
FitDay Member

I had some leftover chicken (grilled, boneless skinless, the boring blob o protein, but some nice seasoning), cut it up, put it in a wrap with a little hummus, sliced cucumber, tomato

A few French Breakfast radishes on the side,

A little pear, a little apple (I mean little, the are from my farm share, organic, grow in cold climate, about ping pong ball size)

ABSOLUTELY YUMMY

Pam, you can come raid my fridge, I have more of all this.

Abby

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.