View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 01:30 AM   #23 (permalink)
andieligon
FitDay Member

You know, I've had a couple of setbacks myself. Mainly it was a result of me not being active and just really not caring. I've just been trying to avoid heat and everything else the past few weeks, and I saw the result a couple of weeks ago where I gained BACK all the weight I had lost from the previous week. And then some.

But you're right, it is a process. We don't just reach our goal weight overnight, though we'd all love (and I think secretly desire) the scale to move like that.

More importantly though, if you are planning on maintaining your weight, as we all intend to do once we reach our own goal weight, it will still require you to watch yourself and make sure you're reaching some type of balance and moderation. Of course, you admitted that you've been rather relaxed about eating and drinking. And that's fine! We're not perfect and there is no way that we can expect ourselves to eat perfectly 100% of the time. We'd like to believe that, and we beat ourselves up when we don't and we see the results on the scale, but it happens! You're not on The Biggest Loser and you're not going to be kicked out of a gym for "taking it easy" for a week.

My point is, find what works for you. If you want a cheat day or maybe a cheat once PER day, that's up to you. You will have to live with it, and be HAPPY with it.

As for being hungry after exercising, have you tried experimenting with snacks after the gym? The 24 Hour that I go to actually recommends that after you work out, have a snack. Some fresh fruit or veggies or even some cheese is good to have after the gym.

Also, I'm not sure if it would work for you, but I tend to not put anything into FitDay until the end of the day. I don't really have the time during the day, so if I do it after eating dinner, I can spend the time to make sure things are logged correctly. It doesn't help me to keep track during the day, but I'm now able to kind of able to estimate my calories I've eaten so far and judge whether or not I should eat something or if I should choose something else. If I'm not sure if I'll remember everything, I'll write down what I ate soon after eating, that way I have a reminder for when it's time to record.
andieligon is offline   Reply With Quote