View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 02:30 PM   #18 (permalink)
quinnesec
FitDay Member

I'm back and really in the mood to dig in, get healthy and in shape. So many life-changing events going on on this thread!! New babies, wedding plans and ME! I'M OFFICIALLY AN EMPTY-NESTER!!!! WOOOO HOOOO!!!!!!! I've waited 30 years for this day and it's finally here! Now I have absolutely no excuse not to focus on my own health needs.

My life has been beyond crazy this summer. More things happening than I can possibly get into here. But, the good news is that everything is fine, wonderful and peaceful. Daughter is safely and happily tucked into her dorm with an incredible roommate that I absolutely love. Had the girls here over the long weekend and, although it was bitter-sweet, they wanted to get back to their "new home" and we were ready for them to go. I guess that means that the transition was made successfully.

Haven't been able to catch up on the posts for the past couple of weeks so forgive me if I'm a little "out of touch". I've been on the road a great deal over the past month and I can tell by my clothes that I have gained. Not ready to get on the scale quite yet... maybe Friday. lol I do, however, have a renewed spirit to be healthy and active; something which I've been too worn out to concentrate on for the better part of the last year. I am setting a goal for myself to be back at my "low weight" for my backpacking trip in about 8 weeks.

TERRI! CONGRATULATIONS!! What a GORGEOUS ring!!! I'm so happy for you!!! Welcome to the mid-west!

Ann, Your little guy is absolutely adorable! Before you know it, he'll be asking for your car keys!!

On to my goals:

1. LOG EVERYTHING, no matter how small.
2. Calories under 1100.
3. NO breads, cheese or deep-fried ANYTHING!!!
4. Take ALL vitamins and supplements; even the big, nasty ones.
5. 3-4 fruits and veggies a day.
6. Be grateful, humble and patient with everyone... no matter how hard. lol

Reached 30 lb. Weight Loss Goal April, 2010
Fighting The Battle to Maintain
quinnesec is offline   Reply With Quote