Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/27/12 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/27/12

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/27/12

Old 09-01-2012, 02:23 PM
FitDay Member

Log all food. Good, bad and ugly. M,T,W, TH,f,s
Walk at least 10000 steps a day. 14,652, 10,046,13270, 12446,12192,
Take supplements. M,T,W,TH,f,s
Drink 64 oz of water daily. M,T,W, Th,f,s
Keep caloric intake below 1800 each day. M,T,W, Th,f,s
Old 09-01-2012, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

1. Calorie limit 1300. 1282, 1264, 1237, 1283, 1374, 1384
2. Balance pie chart & follow fiber/fat guidelines. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Only fair today
3. Drink 72 oz. fluid, at least. 72, 72, 72, 72, I think so, but I lost count Nope
4. Sleep 7 hours. 5.5, 7.5, <5, 6.5, 6.5, 6.5
5. Exercise 6 hours total for the week. 60 min., 30 min, 30 min., 30 min., 90 min..
6. Eat at least 4 fruits/veggies per day. 4, 3, 5, 3, 5, 4
7. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Forgot to bring them with me
8. Eat clean. Fair, Good, Good, Good, Fair, Fair
9. Log everything and post goal progress daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes

Not great, but I didn't run all off the rails, either. I have no clue what meals are planned for tomorrow. It makes me realize how unsettling it is to be outside the comfort zone of my own kitchen and my tried and true restaurants. Previously I handled it better, but not in these times when I can't seem to settle back into my good habits.

But my log will be blank in the morning and it's up to me what to put in there. Bring it on!
Old 09-01-2012, 07:57 PM
FitDay Member

Morning everyone- been up and about early this morning, Kids have got to make a scarecrow each for there summer homework so we are making a start.

Since the sun is shining this morning i plan to have strawberries and yoghurt for breakfast instead of chocolate!!!

Have a good sunday everyone- the last 2 weekends ive been sat in one place and just eating rubbish. Today is going to be different!!
Old 09-02-2012, 12:57 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie: I know what you are talking about! It is even just hard to log what you eat when you eat “non-controlled” food. I always go for the worst case scenario when I log!

Tracey: You are the incredible shrinking woman! That sounds like a good start for today! I might have the same breakfast!

Ann: Congratulations on moving that scale! The hard work eventually pays off!

Mike: So glad that everything is working out for you with the storm and your bike.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:59 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone. Feeling a bit better. Went to Dr last Mon and he said vertigo is usually brought on by virus. He just told me to take gravol (it leaves me really sleepy though). It took me about a week for the spinning sensation to go away. Ears still plugged (wondering if ear infection?) so I get a little bit of dizzy sensation when I go from lying to sitting in bed but after a minute it settles.

Did weigh myself this morning and I've lost 2lbs. Not really the way I wanted to do it but I'll take it:P Thankfully my sugars have been pretty consistent at 5 before breakfast and 7-8 2hrs after eating. My Mom even got on board eating fruit this week Been drinking lots of water.

Hope everyone had a good week.
Jenn
Old 09-02-2012, 02:01 AM
FitDay Member

Saturday report

I would have had an all green day for food had I remembered to put my pre-logged zero fat, zero cholesterol egg substitute into my protein shake. Leaving it out increased my total fat % and made me fall short of my protein goal--but just slightly. I'm very happy to have had satisfying meals and snacks and did not feel hungry or deprived. I think raising my total fat allowance was a really good move.

Calories minimum 1200 1248
Total fat average 38% of total calories 39%
Saturated fat average 9% of total calories 9%
Cholesterol limit 200mg 177mg
Net carbs (after deducting fiber) limit 25g 23g
Fiber minimum 25g 41g
Protein minimum 120g 117g
Exercise Saturday and Sunday NO
Water 64 oz. YES
Remember to take both morning and evening supplements Half
Nutritious evening snack that won't take me off target: Flaxmeal muffin and reduced fat string cheese
Old 09-02-2012, 02:29 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, kudos on your progress on the hurricane and bike repairs. Good to read that you're obviously more upbeat that you have been lately with all the stuff that was going wrong. It IS crazy how little we eat when we get busy. What did you have for supper?

Frenchhen, in your daily report, when you have the day of the week in small/lower case letters does that mean you missed your goal or that you made your goal and just typed it differently? Congrats on your exercise and all your goals met this week.

Cassie, congrats on your exercise, veggies, and logging, and MOST importantly for not running off the rails under very difficult circumstances yesterday. I, too, look at each day as a fresh start.

Tracey, what a fun project to help the kids make scarecrows. LOL on the strawberries and yoghurt instead of chocolate and the fact that I can never remember where to put the letter h in the English spelling of yogurt. Wishing you a healthful eating day.

Jenn, glad you're feeling a bit better and I hope the rest of your total recovery comes quickly. Kudos on keeping your sugars consistent, especially with being sick.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:53 AM
FitDay Member

Evening snack already planned so I'm doing my Sunday report now. Only thing I can get from the kitchen is as much unsweetened spearmint tea as I desire and the evening snack I've already logged.

Horribly slacked on exercise this whole past week, but I was doing something really good in learning my new diet. Starting tomorrow it's back to the Y. This coming week I'll be working on adding variety to my exercise as my doctor advised me to not do the same exercise more than twice per week.

--Treadmill or aerobic walking no more than two days a week
--I'll rejoin the senior citizens muscle strength and range of motion class OR see if I like the senior citizens cardio circuit better
--probably will do some cycling
--Doc also wants me to try the elliptical again so I'll get with a senior citizen advisor for help on that and on some weight room machines appropriate for my needs.

Sunday Report

Second really good day on my new diet with plenty of good, nuritious food and no feelings of deprivation or hunger.
Calories minimum 1200 1248, 1201
Total fat average 38% of total calories 39% 38%
Saturated fat average 9% of total calories 9%, 9%
Cholesterol limit 200mg 177mg 212 Average 195mg
Net carbs (after deducting fiber) limit 25g 23g, 24g
Fiber minimum 25g 41g. 47g
Protein minimum 120g 117g 123g Average= 120g
Exercise Saturday and Sunday NO, NO
Water 64 oz. YES, YES
Remember to take both morning and evening supplements Half, YES
Nutritious evening snack that won't take me off target: Flaxmeal muffin and reduced fat string cheese
Cold fish and protein shake with flaxmeal

Last edited by Mern; 09-02-2012 at 11:08 AM.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks Mern!

Okay, the gate and mailbox are done. I'll have to do the door on the shed tomorrow.

As promised, the goods for TPM.

Old 09-03-2012, 12:41 AM
FitDay Member

Log all food. Good, bad and ugly. M,T,W, TH,F,S, S
Walk at least 10000 steps a day. 14,652, 10,046,13270, 12446,12192,(6135),11205
Take supplements. M,T,W,TH,F,S,S
Drink 64 oz of water daily. M,T,W, Th,F,S,S
Keep caloric intake below 1800 each day. M,T,W, Th,F,S.

Well, I am so glad I was hard on myself last week and had a no excuses attitude. It was really the kick in the pants that I needed.

Mern: The lower case letters were that I was on a different computer, teeny tiny buttons, shift? eh forget it! I met ALMOST every goal this week except for Saturdays steps per day goal. Mern, you really are an inspiration to me. When I see the goals you set for yourself and the diligence in following the "rules" it just leaves me in awe. When I read about your "pre-logged evening snack" I had to laugh, I pre-logged a yogurt with honey and walnuts and dried cranberries last night and then about 12:02 am, realized that I never had it! I instead went to bed. Now I think, i should have had it... to balance my protein and fats out a little better. Here I am sounding like my friend Mern! Quite a compliment to you my dear!

Jenn: glad you are getting along better and feeling good.

Mike: That looks really great! Hope things are coming back to normal as far as the area is concerned. Are the mosquitoes getting worse because of the storm?