Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/27/12

Old 08-27-2012, 12:39 AM
FitDay Member

Default 7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/27/12

ichalk, thanks for your encouragement on my blood test results. Kudos on your sodium monitoring, and close to your targets for exercise, sleep, and water.

Judi, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Big hug to ya!

Nichaleh, you finished up your week very, very nicely on target. Well done! Thanks for your encouragement on my eating lifestyle changes.

Sunday Report
Hardest thing for me right now on my new way of eating is to get in enough calories of food to keep me satisfied and not feeling deprived before I run out of fat or carb calories. But I'll get it with enough practice and planning ahead.

Calorie limit 1500 1357, 1175, 1168
Net Carbs (total carbs less fiber) 25g net (no change) 20.4g, 21g, 25g
Fiber average 25g (no change) 32g, 28g, 32g
Lean meat, poultry, or fish 5 oz. maximum per day YES, YES, YES
Protein average minimum 120g Calling my 117g green because that was darned admirable in view of having only 5 oz. of meat. , 119g close enough, 91g
Cholesterol average 200mg limit 182mg, 165mg, 93mg
Saturated fat average 8% of total calories 14%, 10%, 11%
Old 08-27-2012, 01:08 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, the company that makes my low carb diet shake mix sent me a reply to my request for the poly and mono fat content. She does not yet have the info, but understood my need for the info to monitor my ratio of those fats in an effort to reduce my triglycerides without meds. She forwarded my email to the manufacturing unit to try to get the answer for me.

I almost decided my new way of eating, The Therapeutic Lifestyle Changes (TLC) Diet, is too hard and I can't do it. But then I read people with metabolic syndrome (I qualified with my huge belly, high triglycerides, and HDL under 50) should aim for the higher of the total fat range of 23-35 grams per day in order to keep their carbs in check. So that made me feel more validated. The recommendation for sat fat is no more than 7% of total calories, but I'm going to aim for 8% since my doc often reminds me I don't have to be perfect, just better than I used to be.

So here are my goals for this week:
Calorie limit 1500
Total fat calories limit 35% of total calories
Saturated fat limit 8% of total calories
Meat, poultry and fish limit 5 oz. per day
Cholesterol under 200mg
Net carbs (total carbs less fiber) 25g
Fiber minimum 25g
Protein minimum 120g
Exercise 5 days
Water 64oz.
Remember to take both morning and evening supplements
Old 08-27-2012, 01:17 AM
FitDay Member

Hi!

This week is MY week! I am going to adhere to all my goals. You guys hear me? No excuses this week for me!

Log all food. Good, bad and ugly.
Walk at least 10000 steps a day.
Take supplements.
Drink 64 oz of water daily.
Keep caloric intake below 1800 each day.

I've got to be honest with ME!

Mern: I found out when I cut out all processed food, I don't get hungry, at all. I also learned a lot from a book called the New Glucose Revolution. Have you read it? Changed the way I eat entirely.

Last edited by frenchhen3; 08-27-2012 at 01:25 AM.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:42 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone. Sorry I disappeared last week. Wednesday night, out of nowhere, my boyfriend of 3 years and the father of my child announced that he was no longer happy with me, packed his things, and left. Needless to say I gave myself the rest of the week off. I didn't lose any, but I maintained, which is better than I hoped for. So I took the opportunity to clean out my kitchen of everything unhealthy that he just "couldn't live without" and fill it with all of the healthy things I wanted. I'm back in it now, here are my repetitive goals for this week.

Stay within calorie limits.
Keep carbs at or under 33%.
Drink lots of water.
In bed by 10:30.
4 Workouts.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:53 AM
FitDay Member

Frenchhen, great to see you so committed to making this YOUR week. That's surely a good example for the rest of us. Thanks for the book recommendation and tip on the processed foods. I haven't read the New Glucose Revolution but I do have Atkins Diabetes Revolution which cautions us against processed foods. I cook mostly from scratch and avoid sodium nitrite and nitrate as much as possible, but yes, there is room for improvement on processed foods. This new diet should help me curb processed foods even more since the fat is a tight restriction for me. Kudos on being only 5 lbs. from goal!
Old 08-27-2012, 01:56 AM
FitDay Member

Kayla, I'm so sorry for your breakup. Wishing you and your child much happiness as you make adjustments. OMG, KUDOS for already starting to take charge and now allowing this "disruption" in your life to destroy all your hard work on your healthful eating lifestyle. Big hug to ya!
Old 08-27-2012, 02:32 AM
Super Moderator

Morning, all...

Mern, thank you for getting us started today. I'm glad to hear that someone is taking the time to research your fats question for you. I think you did a good job thinking through what you need with the TLC diet. It is really difficult to get all the pieces into place when one limitation has the potential to set the others out of whack. I always forget what triglycerides are...they are affected by both carbs and fat, right? I have faith you'll get it .

Frenchhen, I am cloning your motivation this week: This week is MY week! I am going to adhere to all my goals. You guys hear me? No excuses this week for me! LOL, I might print it out and put it on the fridge and the pantry.

Kayla, I'm so sorry to hear your news. I hope the purge of your kitchen gave you a mental boost as well as a health one. Hang in there; you will get through this. You are strong and smart and motivated. We're all here if you need to vent.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:39 AM
Super Moderator

...and, once again, my broken-record goals:

1. Calorie limit 1300.
2. Balance pie chart & follow fiber/fat guidelines.
3. Drink 72 oz. fluid, at least.
4. Sleep 7 hours.
5. Exercise 6 hours total for the week.
6. Eat at least 4 fruits/veggies per day.
7. Take all vitamins and supplements.
8. Eat clean.
9. Log everything and post goal progress daily.

And just because I like Frenchhen's motto so much, I'll repeat it here with my goals!

This week is MY week! I am going to adhere to all my goals. You guys hear me? No excuses this week for me!
Old 08-27-2012, 02:43 AM
FitDay Member

Happy (?) Monday everyone! Thank you for your kind words, and support. It will be an "interesting" time for us...
Mike, we've been in counseling for 6+ months, and this was rather out of the blue. As I mentioned, he has agreed to continue with the projects, and visit with the kids, with no change in the finances (I have always been CFO, so that is a relief). For how long, I don't know.

We have another counseling session next week, he said he will go, and I will be there with a list of questions and concerns, trust me.

The toughest part of this will be telling my family. I get a clenching feeling in my belly just thinking about it. My little sister is going through a divorce right now, and I hate to add this to my parents' worries. I will probably hold off until all my ducks are in a row, so I can alleviate any concerns for them. It still will hurt, because they love him dearly.

Cassie - good one on the oxygen analogy - yeah, I'm trying to keep my head above the fray, so the boys know at least one parent is here for them.

Nicaleh & Mern - thank you for the hugs and prayers - they are needed and appreciated.

Kayla - I already messaged you, but I will reiterate - You Do Have The Strength! Many, many hugs (I know - I need 'em too!), and keep your support (online and at home) close by. We are here, and never be afraid to ask for help.

Many Blessings to you all - because you all are a Blessing to me!
Old 08-27-2012, 02:54 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in. I need to be in. I've had a hard time getting re-motivated and I'm gaining weight. This morning I'm up to 168. I keep falling off the wagon halfway through the day and then beating myself up over it. This week I'm working 4 days and I'm at the mercy of hubby's rich, carby dinners, but I'm going to do my best. I just bought a bunch of new, size 13 work pants, I can't get fat again!

calories <1600
water >64oz
protein > 20%
take vitamins
move

Last edited by nobe; 08-27-2012 at 03:08 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.