View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 09:11 PM   #18 (permalink)
01gt4.6
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by judipurple View Post
Mike, we've been in counseling for 6+ months, and this was rather out of the blue. As I mentioned, he has agreed to continue with the projects, and visit with the kids, with no change in the finances (I have always been CFO, so that is a relief). For how long, I don't know.

We have another counseling session next week, he said he will go, and I will be there with a list of questions and concerns, trust me.

The toughest part of this will be telling my family. I get a clenching feeling in my belly just thinking about it. My little sister is going through a divorce right now, and I hate to add this to my parents' worries. I will probably hold off until all my ducks are in a row, so I can alleviate any concerns for them. It still will hurt, because they love him dearly.
I've been divorced twice... still baffles me that 2 women would actually let a catch like me go. Good luck and try to stay strong and sane. When all is said and done, you may wish that y'all did it sooner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalthea1892 View Post

We did not get evacuated! The fire I wrote about on Saturday, which was predicted to quickly spread to 100+ acres, was contained to 5 acres within a few hours. Cal Fire is second to none when it comes to wildland firefighting! Now all we need is some moron on a riding lawn tractor to set it off again… which actually happened a few years back and about 100 homes were lost in that fire. #6 I’m really looking forward to fall (positive thinking right?)

Mike – Geez… good luck getting the bike repairs/$ all figured out quickly! And a storm on the way… Great catch on the insurance… whew!
Awesome news on the fire. Yeah with me being in the insurance industry, I can't believe I almost let that slip by. I guess I've had so much going on over the past few weeks that I didn't even think about it. I may never need flood insurance but I don't mind paying for the piece of mind.

Speaking of... I did go get sandbags today... just in case!
01gt4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote