Notices

how many carbs can you have in 1000 day calories diet.

Old 04-16-2010, 06:32 AM
FitDay Member

Default how many carbs can you have in 1000 day calories diet.

I eat 4 oranges a day.. is that too much sugar.. ?
Old 04-16-2010, 08:15 AM
FitDay Member

Well....I think you should consider taking in a few more calories. I don't know how tall you are but 1000 calories a day is too few, and can even be dangerous. 1200 should be the bare minimum for anyone, and even that is too few for most people. As for the four oranges, I don't think it's too much sugar, but try eating some different types of fruits and vegetables to get more balance in your nutrition.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:39 AM
FitDay Member

Default No

Only if those oranges are candy oranges than no, its not too much sugar. Fruits, while they may be sweet, barely have any suger in them so your safe.
Old 04-18-2010, 03:53 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default 40% to 50%...

...carbohydrates is pretty normal for weight loss. Unless you are on a super low Carb diet. 1000 cals is low, but according to my MD as long as you don't keep at that level for months, you will be OK, just remember to take a multi-vitamin. You will also have to be super conscience of what you eat. It can be hard getting enough fiber and constipation is a common side effect. Use fitday to keep your protein at at least 30% so you don't compremise muscle while you are losing. It is after all the fat that you are after here.

Good luck, and if you find yourself stuck at a weight for more that 2 weeks or bored to tears with the foods you are allowed, or just hungry all the time, up your intake to 1200 to 1300, which should be OK for continued loss.