Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 08/13/12

Old 08-13-2012, 01:31 AM
FitDay Member

Default 7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 08/13/12

I'll start us off. I can't post goals yet, because it takes too long from the phone, but will when I get off work. For me and Mike. Let's all have a great week. The Good Lord knows I need a good week
Old 08-13-2012, 01:42 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in this week! I have company staying over and it will be tempting to get away from my path. SOoooooo....

My Goals:

Eat with awareness. No "Mindless" eating!
64 + oz water per day
12,000 steps per day, 5 days this week
Old 08-13-2012, 02:20 AM
FitDay Member

Okay, did some additional reading over the weekend re:this Primal thang, and printed a food list to keep on the fridge to remind me to keep those carbs under control and not to be afraid of fats. Helps to give me ideas for shopping and cooking, to change things up. Had a diet coke on Friday, and it finally flushed out the water I was retaining (had seen the dreaded 200 ) - the following day, I was back down more than 3 lbs. Wheew!! Had a rather carb filled weekend (for me), and am glad to be back on track.

Ok, so the goals for the week:

1) Post #'s daily
2) Get the 5K done at least 3X this week
2a) Keep the running/sprints at or above 200' per, and do at least (gads) 5 per 5K, twice a week
3) Keep calories around 1500
4) Keep carbs under 90g
5) Take supplements

Decided that the sprinting 2x a week is sufficient - will be going back to work in a couple weeks, and the 5k schedule might have to change, depending on my hours.

Ok, where is everybody??? C'mon down!
Old 08-13-2012, 03:04 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in but don't have time to read the posts.

Grandkids are here today and we're about to go out for our annual outing when I buy their new school shoes and one new outfit each and then to a restaurant for lunch.

I'm up half a pound today, BUT I'm thrilled to have lost 7 lbs. last week on my restart. Probably 5 lbs. of that was excess water weight, but water weight doesn't look any better on me than fat weight.

Will catch up with you all later.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:15 AM
FitDay Member

I took a few days off from everything. I didn't log food, exercise (didn't do any), didn't restrict what I wanted for a snack. I'm up 2lbs from Friday. I can live with that. I needed some down time. Now it's a day to reset and get back to it. I won't be resting this ankle any longer even though it is still red. I was too tired to workout before work today (hubby was off so I wasn't up early to force myself to do it) but I will be walking on lunch. We have company tonight for dinner (cookout) so exercise may be out this evening. I did about 5-6 hrs of cleaning and laundry yesterday and Saturday I spent 3 hrs with an electric hedge trimmer doing those darned forsynthia bushes yet again! So I guess I didn't really take that much time off, just didn't have formal exercise. Tonight may be a bit of an overage on the calorie scale but I'm okay with it. It won't be all junk food and we so rarely have people over. .... Oh and just because the ankle hurt and swelled and is still red doesn't mean that when it is healed in a month that I won't be adding some swirls and stuff to the butterfly. I know, I'm a glutton for punishment but we think my skin just reacts poorly to all the irritation and pressure. This one may need some color touched up anyway so while we are at it.... well ya know! LOL My numbers didn't work out quite as planned anyway so we are leaning towards doing three stars with a number inside each star to make my 331 and covering what we already did because they are too small.

We go to camp Friday - Monday this weekend so I will be MIA again. Some of my goals are modified due to the days off.

Health / Fitness Goals...
1. 100 oz water daily
2. Walk on lunch 3 times
3. Exercise 3 times minimum (nights work too April!)
4. 5 Fruits / Veggies daily
5. Weigh and post it M: 230.8lbs,

Life Goals ...
1. Keep paperwork caught up
2. Get ready for camp
3. Don't stress about what I can't control
Old 08-13-2012, 03:56 AM
FitDay Member

Wounded Warrior, thanks for your encouragement on finishing my last day of the week on track. Wow, that's a lot of work you're doing with the tile. I have always just gone with decor DH and I like (we always like the same stuff) whether others like it or not.

Kayla, I hope you enjoyed your pizza. Oh, thanks for telling me about why your calories are so low. I won't pester you anymore about that. You probably mentioned that before but I missed it. People are different--what works for some may not work for others. No matter how low my calories are, I gain weight at anything over 40 net carbs per day. If I ate calories as low as you, I would simply maintain my weight at anything between 30 and 40 net carbs. My doc was opposed to my doing over 100g protein per day until I dropped down from an average of 120 to 100, did everything else the way I should (exercise, water, calories, carbs, fiber, cholesterol intake, saturated fat) but gained weight because I need the extra protein to lose weight. Since my blood tests for the past year have shown my blood protein is just fine, she finally gave in and said she was OK with my going back to the 120g protein "because people are different, so maybe you DO need that much. We'll just watch your quarterly blood tests results carefully."

Hi, April, Judi, and Tori.
Frenchhen, welcome back!

NOW I'm leaving the house for the outing with the grandkids--will catch up with you all later.
Old 08-13-2012, 04:19 AM
FitDay Member

Good Monday all! I'm in! I have the whole week off, so I get to live without all the temptations that go with working in a seafood restaurant. Thank goodness. Plus it means I have no excuses for working out this week. Another thank goodness!

1) Stay within calorie limits.
2) Get 4 workouts done.
3) Keep carbs @or under 33%.
4) Get to bed by 10:30.
5) Drink more water!

Other:
1) Wedding planning.
2) Stick with budget, and STOP OVERSPENDING!

Tori, I believe in you! You're going to have an awesome week!

April, a few days off is sometimes necessary. I always feel better and more motivated after a short break.

Mern, pizza was great, and was promptly thrown out after dinner. We don't keep things like that in the house except on Sundays. Isn't it crazy that everyone seems to have that one key thing that works for them? We're all just so different and there are very few "universal" tricks that can work for everyone. Also, have fun with your grandchildren. Sounds like a great time!

Well, I have to tackle my house today because it has fallen into disorder under John's care all weekend. So I may not be back until check in tonight. I hope you all have a good day!
Old 08-13-2012, 05:29 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in! I'm so in. Goals:

calories <1600 -
water >64oz -
protein >20% -
take vitamins -
move -
Old 08-13-2012, 05:43 AM
Super Moderator

Hi everyone! Thanks, Tori, for the start-up. I hope you have an awesome week! How is the Jassi cat these days?

Stay strong, Frenchhen, you got this, company, schmompany .

Judi, April...one (and only one?) good thing about Monday is putting the weekend behind us. Sometimes it's good to take a little break, but getting back to the routine feels good in its own way. Hope you both have good weeks.

nobe, glad you're back! Trolls gone, enjoy your world being back to normal.

Kayla, a week off...enjoy it, girl! Do you start your new job next Monday?

Mern, hope you are enjoying the grandkids. You were a rock this past week and weekend. Keep on walking the walk!

Well, my dreaded morning is over and I am exhausted, although can't tell if it is lack of sleep or just coming off the stress adrenaline. I need to chill for a bit so I stop swimming in cortisol! Today is the first day of school here and I always have cookies for the boy when he comes home, so I'm off to the kitchen in a little bit. For the first time in a long time my work week looks light, so I'm going to enjoy it while I can. Maybe I can finally succeed at these goals!

1. Calories below 1300.
2. Balance pie chart and follow my rules.
3. 72 oz. fluid daily.
4. Log everything and post daily.
5. Eat clean.
6. 3-4 fruits and veggies per day (I'm stealing ).
7. Take all vitamins and supplements.
8. Sleep 7 hours, at least, per night.
9. Exercise 6 hours total this week.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:27 AM
FitDay Member

Default Count Me In too!

I'm in as well. Sorry I did not have time last week to post, although I did try to stay on track and log all food etc. Work has been crazy busy, working late etc. and not much free time - not sure this week will be any better but I HAVE to make some 'me' time.

On a positive note I found 2 exercise dvd's yesterday, one Denise Austin and one for yoga & stretching which I plan on doing tonight. Can't wait to try it out!

posting goals later.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.